Thread: Couple of Great Days Offshore

Couple of Great Days Offshore

Took advantage of the long weekend and the cracker weather to get a couple of offshore trips in first one on Sunday to the Cape and then one on Tuesday (was a looong weekend) off the Gold Coast.

The Cape Trip had a rough start with quite a bite of residual swell and sea from the winds on Saturday - crossing inner freemans was quite dodgy with waves jacking up around a meter on the shallows - slow and steady go us through and out to our marks with still around a meter of sea and quite a large swell. To make it worse there was a bloody trawler out there as well which closed some of the spots down.

As the sun came up we scouted around and the seas died down substantially and we started to get onto some good fish with four good sized Snapper and a Rosy Jobfish on the first two drifts amongst a bunch of smaller squire. As the tide slowed the fished died down and we scouted around for a few more moving deeper and found some more fish completing our bag of snapper and another Rosy.

We trolled back into the reefs and fished some good shows to no avail and then headed back in on calm seas. Unfortunately I left my phone charger at home so no pics on that day.

Used Monday as a rest and restock day and then headed out with my neighbor on Tuesday to the Gold Coast. i would have to say they are the best conditions i have ever fished out there - no real swell and smooth seas made it an awesome day. We fished the 24s for lots of pickers and then moved out deeper to the 36s and were straight into them on the first drop with 4 45+ Snaps on the first drift.

As the tide slowed the bite did too and after some hunting we found a bunch of fish again and this time got some nice 40cm Pearlies which were a real bonus. We kept fishing and picked up a couple more 50cm+ Snaps and called it a day and trolled back in. It was one of those great days to be on the water.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OS3.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	111172   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OS4.jpg 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	111169   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OS1.jpg 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	111170   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OS2.jpg 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	111171  

Re: Couple of Great Days Offshore

Thanks for posting a report they are few and far between nowadays
    good read sounds like magic on Tuesday
    cheers Scott
    happy days ahead summer is coming