Thread: 1770 next week

1770 next week

Hi All
    well we are heading to 1770 next week, the SCAM plus 4. If your up that way give us a SHOUT. Looking at doing an overnighter staying in the lagoon, weather permitting.
    As we don't often venture that way if any members could help with some reasonable marks to the east of Fitzroy that would be appreciated.
    Thanks Wayne

Re: 1770 next week

Don't forget no fishing from Saturday through to Wednesday due to coral fin fish closure mate.
    what a sad sad AB

Thanks for that, I never realised there was a closure. This may change things a bit. I have just returned from WA and I was unaware

Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Thanks ozynorts
    looks as though we can fish on Wednesday. Weather being good we can be in place on Tuesday just no fishing until Wednesday.

You can still fish as there many species that are not included in the CRFF closures.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Yep as Phill says there are other species to target. Head out and troll for Spanish etc.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Yep as Phill says there are other species to target. Head out and troll for Spanish etc.
    stuarts shoal a very short distance from Musgrave, but looking at the forecast for next week, you would want to be keen. Check you PM's
    what a sad sad AB

Well we are committed to go as we can't get a refund on the house. One of the guys checked the closed season in the publication that he has and the dates are 2nd to the 6th, in small print beside it is the year 2013, this publication is the latest 2015, this shits you off.
    Thanks Phil, mackerel is about all that is left open to us. We have a tinny coming might try the creeks for some crabs and try and get out later in the week.
    thanks everyone for you replies.
    Cheers Wayne

There are other options, especially in the 80-100m+ depths, incl big Pearly's and snapper.

Have you got the Ausfish marks Wayne? From memory there are a few marks between Musy and the Boult wide reefs in 60-80m. Start at the Boult reef and the head ~East to the 100m line (only a mile or two), then work your way back down to Musy. You will find the above, and maybe even Rosy's too - but unfortunately they are a CRFF.

I have previously not found one area here that regularly hold fish year-out, but shows on the sounder along here will normally produce fish. These days I fish Fitzroy area.
    Cheers
    Brendon