Thread: Pancake ck story

Pancake ck story

Hi,
    An interesting story about Pancake ck
    http://www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/...-menu/2798735/

randell

Re: Pancake ck story

So it is private property that the owner let people have access to for free and a small percentage of people didn't leave it like they found it so the owner has denied access.. Sounds fair to me. Maybe they will start charging for access and keep out the trash.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Actually it is not private property, it is leasehold crown land.
    The other creek in the article is not Little Creek it is Middle Creek.
    Access to Pancake Creek by vehicle used to be done via a locked gate at the Middle Creek crossing decades ago, only a select few could get the key.

The article is a mashup by a journalist with very poor research and even poorer listening and wroting skills.
    Jack.

So is it a crown public road that runs through the leasehold? Or was it previously and they applied to close it?
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

The private land sits on the north western side of pancake creek.

It's only a small section. But due to some wreck less 4wd hoons chewing up the access road with 37" Tyres and hitting the bog holes for fun. Also leaving all cattle gates open. The park rangers got stuck out there when conducting fire break cleaning and vegetation inspections.

The private land owner me has a big fence installed on his boundary and a suitable size sign warning people of trespassing. The department of park and wildlife will fine each vehicle over $300 for entry to this area. Via hidden cameras and send you a photo with the fine.

All this information was confirmed by the park rangers when I researched the option of camping on the northern beaches of pancake at Easter time.

It's a shame really. Beautiful part of the world now only accessible by boat. We used to ride motorbikes through this area regularly.

Damo's dodgy boat building repair centre.
    Damo's dodgy boat repairs.
    1993 bermuda by Haines 530f - completed resto.
    1976 cruisecraft rogue 14 - estuary weapon.
    1984 vickers easyrider 156 - future project.

Just another example of no good deed going unpunished. The guy allows free public access to his land only to have the usual yahoos trash it. The story is all too common and familiar, I feel the guys pain.