Thread: GF day at the cathedrals

GF day at the cathedrals

I meet rosco1974 at wynnum ramp early and headed out to try for some pearly s around the cathedrals... well not much was happening rosco got dusted on the first 2 drops and after that it was just a vermin trip i put rosco onto every vermin there is but one positive i now have a new flattie spot in 66m.

it was nice to meet you rosco and hope to catch up for a fish again it was a great day on the water in good company ....
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Re: GF day at the cathedrals

didn't Rosco bring you crab sandwiches?

if not im sure you will get a feed in the not too distant future

Was the current roaring? Was near 3 knots down there yesterday!

bugger all current on sunday maybe 1knt.thanks for the trip out scott was an good day out even though you seemed to manage to put us onto a good variety of well shit fish.haha.let just say It was a whale watching trip.felt strange getting back into a mono it did the job and is geat boat to start your offshore trips in.must say I was a bit surprised in the flathead I got out there..tasted bloody awesome..was great to meet ya mate and will jump on again for a trip...fellas if he puts up a spot again jump at it and go for a fish...was an entertaining day any got a feed for diner that nite
    cheer rosco
    9/ 2016-8/2017 crab count
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

Quote Originally Posted by One more drop View Post
    no mate i think we topped out at 1.3knts probable would have liked more run actually
    cheers scott

cheers rosco for the kind remarks i thought it was just a boat test and intro to the winter business JSM whale whatching tours...lol .
    I will locate a few more rocks out a bit deeper next time mate thanks for the knowledge you passed on
    cheers scott

Quote Originally Posted by One more drop View Post
    There was next to nothing down the Coast. A six ball was plummeting and we fished with the smallest snapper sinkers I carry all day - only broke the sea anchor out after lunch.