Thread: Fuel and Breather Line.

Fuel and Breather Line.

Hi everyone,
    I have decided to give the fuel system on my 13 year old plate tinnie a birthday. It has an under floor tank with " Grey" fuel line and " Clear" braided line on the breather system at present. Both these lines are rock hard after 13 years and a constant petrol smell had me concerned. I lifted the floor plate to expose the tank and the source of the fuel smell became clear. The breather line was not attached to the breather, in fact the hose was about 150mm too short . Can anyone share their thoughts on the best quality hose for these 2 applications please.

Regards,
    Mick.

Re: Fuel and Breather Line.

The clear pvc/braided hoses always go hard. I used proper fuel hose when I redid my breathers. Burson's Auto parts had it in 5 metre rolls.

Yes, and use 2 stainless hose clamps on each line attached to the fuel tank. Re-tighten them after a few weeks as they will settle into shape.

while you are there, if your tank has a fuel sender unit installed, check it for leaks from the gasket, they do tend to leak from there or around the fixing screws after a few years as well.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

A1 or B1 for fuel lines.
    A2 or B2 for breather lines.

A1 is fire resistant and less permeable than B1.

Thank you to those who have replied so far, I will get cracking on the freshen up on the weekend.

Regards,
    Mick.