Thread: chip my diesel performance chip???

chip my diesel performance chip???

Hey all now looking to install a performance chip on my work ute (2014 dmax) but if all goes well also get one for our 150 prado. Now there are alot of chips on the market everyone telling you why theirs is the best and so forth but also a lot of cheap rubbish to steer well clear of!
    Ive come across a company "chip my diesel Australia" that do performance chips, now this chip is $480 roughly. They have a lot of awesome feedback and I couldn't find a negative thing about them anywhere online my question to you is has anyone here heard of or have had any experience with these units? Feedback would be great on this. He also sells TDI chips. Both of which are uk products though there is no feed back or reviews on that particular unit.
    http://www.chipmydiesel.com.au/
    Just thought id ask the question as they seem well priced and he has great feedback and service and has been great to talk with so far.
    cheers guys.
    J

Re: chip my diesel performance chip???

Couple of guys have these in their Amarok's, one has been in for a couple of years now. The other came from one of our regular subbies who sold his Rok and bought an LC200. He also bought a 'Chip my Diesel' chip for his cruiser.

The Roks are a bit more zippy but more noticeably is the big drop in consumption, from low 8's down to low 6's for the same trips.
    Cheers
    Brendon

Hi.

I bought a "chip my diesel" chip a yr or so ago.2010 D-Max.

Performed well but made me smoky on accelerion and under load.

Spoke to them and they said sometime it doesn't suit. Straight swap by return mail for a TDI unit.

Not a problem. economical as. plenty of mid range and very little smoking.

So they cover you either way.

VERY HAPPY CHAPPIE....

Quote Originally Posted by gofishin View Post
    .... He also bought a 'Chip my Diesel' chip for his cruiser....
    This one didn't work so good. ECM faults and some other annoying traits. He was offered an alternative (upgrade) which I think has worked well so far.

So it seems they work well for some cars, not so for others.
    Cheers
    Brendon

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For reasons ill state i do not like them,to put it simple how much does wear and tare increase,you could get 30 % more power But your motor was not built to deliver that, a piece from a report i talked about last year may or may not help explain,control engineer with experience in process design and optimisation there's no free lunch.Any design is a change, one variable to make something better and you invariably make something else worse.
    cheers G.R Hilly.

Hi G R Hilly.

Regarding these chips and engines.

The D Max is Proven well detuned and capable of a LOT more horses as standard.
    The later models have a lot more output. on same engine for a start and they chip them too.

There's a bloke rally's them. Dakar, Finke the lot.
    His are waaaay overtuned and still running with near full reliability. Read the reviews.

These have a truck eng in there with 4 to 500 thou km reckoned b4 rebuild with proper servicing.
    unlike most of the others with toy engines. transm and running gear under them
    I wouldn't worry too much about boosting these a bit.
    Just chip it and enjoy it. I do.

I was thinking of adding an extra turbo to mine to get at least 750 stallions out of the girl LOL

Hi.

Carl, a mate of mine over in the States runs a 3500 Chevvy twin rears Ute.

Exactly same under bonnet and under truck as the 2500.

He tows a 42 ft 5th Wheeler with it.. Standard, you hardly know it's on the back. I've driven it.

I'll ask him what it's rated at.

lOH. 5 yrs ago. NEW off showroom floor. Top model leather. satellite TV/Radio GPS/Chart etc.etc
    $43.700 on the road.

Makes you cry don't it. and that was when we were dollar for dollar. not the 71c like we are now.
    Bloody politicians floating the buck.