Thread: New Member from NSW

New Member from NSW

Hi guys,
    New to this site but fished and speared for far too many, (or not enough depending if you're talking to my wife or me), of my 56 years. I enjoy all types of fishing from lure fishing for bream and whiting on 1kg line for 40 years (yes young'ns we really did) to hard core gamefishing. My current boat is a 6m Seafarer Vermont with a 200HPDI Yamaha that does 30 knots more than I need. My main passion these days is bottom bashing and sportfishing, just got back into spearfishing and once or twice a year towing the boat as far as work commitments allow up the Qld coast. I've done 8 or 10 road trips and a couple of vessel deliveries now and it's getting harder to come home each time. Fair dinkum you blokes are spoiled up there. Some interesting reading and information to be gained from this site and if I can repay any I'm happy to. I've operated commercial vessels and studied marine science for many years and would like to think I could add something to this site. Just missed you guys at 1770 M & G for several years now but I'll certainly be trying to meet up when I can. By the way is that Meet and Greet or Meat and Guzzle?
    Mark

Re: New Member from NSW

Hi there fishtragic, definitely closer to meat and guzzle! Just a question, were you out at Fitzroy lagoon earlier in the year by yourself spearing and fishing?

Hi Mark, welcome aboard the forum here mate. Where in NSW are you at?
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Wow, you guys don't miss much. Yeah Cods that was probly me if it was about April, I think in my runabout. I also spent a night there on a 53 footer I was delivering for a mates boss. He wanted to fish all the way from home to Mackay and take 12 days to do it, tough gig eh!. Maybe you I spoke to in the lagoon?
    Hi Goodoo, I'm from Lake Macquarie near Newcastle.

Yeah mate that would be me it was a wednesday afternoon, just on dusk, you came flying across all those bombies in the lagoon and asked me about the permanent moorings! That 200 is a vmax hpdi! That boat does fly lol! How did you go that night, you were going out to the 60-70m line chasing reds, it was a new moon and the tide was roaring. I followed another ausfisher into the lagoon that afternoon.

That night would have been better spent asleep Cods., but when you only get a very few chances to get up there you tend to do things whenever you can. No decent fish, hussars and other not so desirables but still a great place to waste time. Stayed in the lagoon a few times now so becoming a bit more familiar with which bommies and at which tide state to avoid them. Got some nice fish through the day, the usual suspects, some nice trout, sharp toothed job(I think), rosy job, red throats, macks and speared a blue tusky from hell. I didn't weigh it but it was 82cm, I'm guessing around 10kg or better. My mission this trip is some decent reds, Haven't been able to figure them out yet. Sorry I don't remember your boat but look forward to meeting some of you guys up there sooner or later.

Lol I figured you must of been there a few times before! That was a cracking tuskie. Mate I thoroughly recommend the meet and greet, there are a heap of like minded people from all walks of life (even Julian), different levels of experience with boating and fishing, all out to have a good time and put faces to names! Good to meet you, welcome to Ausfish and look forward to reading your posts in the future!
    Cheers whallup

Thanks for the greeting mate, looking forward to more connection with you guys. I'll give a report on the upcoming trip nth. I'll be in 1770 on the 8th for a week with the missus snorkelling and generally scoring browny points, then putting her on a plane home, picking a mate up same day and then two and a half weeks somewhere, anywhere between 1770 and Port Douglas. Probably head nth from 1770 on the 13th but definitely call in again on the way back down the coast. Be good to meet any members along the way.
    Mark

Sounds like a tough life there mark! You might as well move up here! Top place this Queensland!!�� go the broncos! No wait go the cowboys! Lol it doesn't even matter who wins!����

I was kinda hoping they'd both lose. Oh wait that might be the sour grapes that I ate at origin talking.

Quote Originally Posted by fishtragic View Post
    I was kinda hoping they'd both lose. Oh wait that might be the sour grapes that I ate at origin talking.
    Yeah mark that would be those grapes! At least you would be use to it by now!����