Thread: Pin Flatties

Pin Flatties

Hi all

Offshore was a bit average on the weekend so I ended up taking a mate of mine and his son down to the Pin for a Flathead fish.

I have to say that if I wanted to have an amusing morning or afternoon I would grab a coffee or 6 pack (depending on the time) and watch the fun and games at the ramp - it is quite an amusing ballet combining lack of common sense, impatience, swearing and pure idiocy. Always good for entertainment on a Sunday :-)

After finally launching and getting everyone on board we headed off to some likely flatty spots an went Whiting fishing - caught a bunch of small Winter Whiting around Gold Banks - not summers as yet but can't be long. Also got the first flatty going to the junior angler at just over 40 cms so a good effort.

We headed out to the bar which was pretty rough but threw down the WInteries as live boat in hope of a Jew or massive croc but to no avail. It was hard with current and wind play silly buggars so after an hour or so we decided to go for a troll.

Two lines out and we trolled the main channel at the Pin and some gutters for another couple of 40 cm models. We then had a massive hit and a big croc was on! After a bit of a tussle we landed a big girl going 74 cms - just under throw back size so she came home for a BBQ.

All in all a good day and more fun antics on the ramp coming home plus a storm to wash the boat topped off the day

Hoping the long weekend is kinder weather wise as I am dusting off the offshore trolling gear......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Big Flattie.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	111081

Re: Pin Flatties

Is that flattie going for your beer? Nice big lizard mate. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Re: Pin Flatties

Well done mate. Cracker.