Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Origin boats??? Gone????

Re: Origin boats??? Gone????

well old mate has been involved three times that i have seen on ausfish alone. How long before thisd gets old?

I would say if the consumers/ market (i.e. us) decide its not acceptable, then they will have to change.

I'd be farked of I gave old mate any vredit, good tradesman or not. three times.

Maybee get him to build and assemble stiff on your own property, sorry but it sounds dodgy,

aluminium boats are creek boats anyway

That's what we are saying......

I have removed post due to untrue statements. Hence the " quoted " text is also removed. LP

If your timeline is correct then you would not have been dealing with Col at Fisher prior to them closing. He was locked out before Xmas the previous year.

I got my Fisher built in 2007 by Col. $200 got me a place in the queue and once the build process started it was done via progressive payments (like all building contracts). It was staged to replicate the cost structure incurred by the builder during the build. Once the hull was formed I had a HIN on every invoice and it was a totally smooth process with clear and concise communication. I also had a Pacific Sportfish built before the Fisher by Qld ships through Northside Marine - same deal - no dramas. Seem there is a a lot of comments here from people who have never even had a custom plate built ?

Very sorry to hear about Origin customers and hope there is something that can be done for them.
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 19-10-2015 at 08:29 AM.

If nothing else , this thread at least can be an education for some ..

and if they had of folded before the boat was completed
    you would have lost your coin

how does someone not having had a boat built mean their opinion Is invalid

Ive been involved in more insolvency cases then id like to remember trying to recover lost product supplied, to crooks cons and incompetent business men

if a supplier of the materials cant recover his money the end customer "receipt or not" has no chance

And no chance for the employees either!!!?

Can someone comment if the Government doesnt need some of the blame land on their doostep as well!!??, If laws were somewhat more protected towards the consumer as well as the Builder /Manufacturer needing to have enough capital in their bankbook prior to taking on these jobs!!..
    Same needs to be done within the caravanning Industry and wherever else??..
    Our Car Industry was in somewhat of a mess as i was growing up and now the consumer has some law on his side purcahsing a motor vehicle ...

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Can someone comment if the Government doesnt need some of the blame land on their doostep as well!!??, If laws were somewhat more protected towards the consumer as well as the Builder /Manufacturer needing to have enough capital in their bankbook prior to taking on these jobs!!..
    Same needs to be done within the caravanning Industry and wherever else??..
    Our Car Industry was in somewhat of a mess as i was growing up and now the consumer has some law on his side purcahsing a motor vehicle ...
    2 years ago the gov changed the rules for ownership of material supplied to a failed business
    so we changed things to more easily identify our products to take them back off the receivers

I doubt the gov would be interested in regulating business so heavily
    some guys here still go off a mans worth and tbh I think that is a old school foolish mentality
    money is not easy to replace

Post number 64 of this thread goes like this:-

I have removed a post by Rodpal due to some untruths. If you are commenting on any forum you can have an opinion, but if you specifically state something as being fact, it should be true, otherwise all you are doing is harming or otherwise, someone, someones reputation, family, friends etc etc.

These threads about business's going bankrupt, liquidation or simply closing down pop up here from time to time, and mostly draws a lot of " speculation ".

The people that are directly affected by this issue certainly have the right to have their say.

Let's also remember, that if you are personally involved and are " aggrieved " , there may be legal action undertaken by yourself down the track and anything you say on here or other forums, will certainly be garnered by " legal types ".

As I said, we all have opinions and they are always welcome, but let's stick to the facts when making specific statements.

I will repeat it..... unless you have facts, do not post info as if they were, certainly an opinion is OK.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Post number 64 of this thread goes like this:-

I have removed a post by Rodpal due to some untruths. If you are commenting on any forum you can have an opinion, but if you specifically state something as being fact, it should be true, otherwise all you are doing is harming or otherwise, someone, someones reputation, family, friends etc etc.

These threads about business's going bankrupt, liquidation or simply closing down pop up here from time to time, and mostly draws a lot of " speculation ".

The people that are directly affected by this issue certainly have the right to have their say.

Let's also remember, that if you are personally involved and are " aggrieved " , there may be legal action undertaken by yourself down the track and anything you say on here or other forums, will certainly be garnered by " legal types ".

As I said, we all have opinions and they are always welcome, but let's stick to the facts when making specific statements.

I will repeat it..... unless you have facts, do not post info as if they were, certainly an opinion is OK.

cheers LP
    gee wiz lucky_phill ...... you seem to go to a lot of trouble to defend your friend however don't seem to mind hanging me out as a martyr to get your point across by mentioning me twice as speaking untruths .... which .... in my opinion of cause ..... it is not the case.... shouldn't we all be treated as equals with all posts dealt with as separate issues and moderated accordingly ...... just asking man ...

this has been a very educational thread on several levels and it is good to hear from everybody with what they have to contribute

after all I used this forum to pick my plate boat and builder ..... as well as answer al lot of questions for me I probably wouldn't have asked, the feedback and suggestions were very mush appreciated (good or bad) they where all very constructive and contributed to an awesome fishing platform as an end result.

only my opinion man,

cheers rod
    It’s the fish’s fault ….. because they swim in the ocean …..

He is not the registered owner so there is a strong possibility he just works there. Maybe for his brother, son? Good luck to him anyway. Really none of my business. Just saying.

Does someone know how many boat building businesses Col has been involved in/employed in/partnership/owner that have gone into liquidation/broke?

Just to play devils advocate so to speak - has anyone else considered the possibility that Col leaving was actually the catalyst for Origin going down rather than him leaving because they were going down. As there principal boat builder it is possible that without him they were a "rudderless ship" so to speak - no pun intended. He may have simply decided that it was time to be somewhere else - with his family none the less. I have done this myself and the branch of the business that I worked at faltered and was closed some time later - was I to blame as an employee. Origin management may well have had all there eggs in one basket so to speak and as such may have simply been lacking in fore thought and a succession plan. Does anyone know whether the parting was friendly or not - maybe he was pushed when origin found out one of his family members was more or less building the same boat in competition - they would hardly advertise that was why and give prospective clients somewhere else to shop.

Before we go off half cocked - do we know, or is it possible to find out just when Svennson Boats started up - was it when Col left or prior. There is a lot to his story that none of us, including me, are privy to. While I agree that a lot of homework would be done prior to building with Svennson Boats, I think it would be somewhat prudent to wait for or find out for ourselves the story if we so desire. Jay Svensson has done nothing wrong at this stage apart from having his fathers name and giving his dad a job as far as we know.

Some interesting reading here - one post does seem to be somewhat ironic in the boat deposits thread.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...deposits/page2

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...nging-back-col

Lets hear from white pointer, he was on here a couple of weeks ago saying nothings changed and they are still trading normally.....

I joined "The Rebel Alliance"

I agree. Let's hear from White Pointer!!!!