Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Origin boats??? Gone????

Re: Origin boats??? Gone????

Guessing NA=Naval Architect.

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    Don't know the guy but the common thread here seems to be a guy named Col. Lots of ways to bite the hand that feeds you. I definitely wouldn't be getting him to build me a boat on his current form. Just sayin
    mmmm, seems a common theme, its not my fault its the investors who put their hard earned in ...its all them ,,,, but this new investor ... well we are all good to go this time guys.

sorry but I have more compassion for those who have lost their hard earned, more so the boat owners caught up in this liquidation nightmare.

there is a guy up here who was caught up in the last col epic .. who may have a better perspective on dealing but this forum backed the new birth so guess we wait to see what the new company is called when they start again...

I did hear some unpleasant info a couple of months ago and tried to surface the truth but was reassured by steve (WP) she is all good mate and was sidelined so shut me mouth in the interest of the business.

the family and I truly feel for the poor boat owners caught up in this mess because they are the real victims, not the white bearded man from the mountain who gets to start up again....

all the very best to all concerned

rod and family
    It’s the fish’s fault ….. because they swim in the ocean …..

While everyone from every angle that isn't directly involved in these things certainly feels more for the purchasers caught up in all of this more than anyone else. Your post is pretty smearing of one bloke without actually saying anything specific. Not sure how you can smear Col based on either Fisher or Origin based on the publically known facts.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Guessing NA=Naval Architect.
    thats it Smithy, anyone know who does their drawings?
    Cheers

Steven

Now that they are no longer around, it was well known in the industry that they started off using a kit boat design from DNA boats in NZ and then having there aluminium supply/CNC cutter modify the cut files for different length boats. Not an ideal way to design and build a boat an a very easy way to get your self into trouble.

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed to read of the demise of Origin. As the owner of the first "big" Origin built I can say that I love my boat and I have been fortunate to have completed numerous awesome reef trips plus some great remote gulf expeditions with Alchemy.

It it will be interesting to read about the Origin back story as time passes as they seemed to be building lots of boats.

Hey guys,

I was in the process of having a boat built at origin when it went into liquidation. I didn't even get a phone call. I only figured out when they didn't reply to emails or answer calls. I went in and the doors were shut. Pretty disappointing,have lost more then 30k as well. Not happy at all. It all went downhill after Col left. There was 7 unfinished boats in there all sent to the liquidators. If any of the other owners of the unfinished boats read this please private message me. Id like to know what your doing about the situation.

Cheers fishclique

Really sorry to hear that fishclique...

Hope something can be done for you!

cheers

jim

Quote Originally Posted by fishclique View Post
    Hey guys,

I was in the process of having a boat built at origin when it went into liquidation. I didn't even get a phone call. I only figured out when they didn't reply to emails or answer calls. I went in and the doors were shut. Pretty disappointing,have lost more then 30k as well. Not happy at all. It all went downhill after Col left. There was 7 unfinished boats in there all sent to the liquidators. If any of the other owners of the unfinished boats read this please private message me. Id like to know what your doing about the situation.

Cheers fishclique
    Steve, White Pointer.

We discussed this type of situation when you first help set the business up. Very sorry to hear that the business has gone belly up but I thought you were better than to let this sort of thing happen.
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by fishclique View Post
    Hey guys,

Cheers fishclique
    Really.... 7 boats on the go and they couldn't trade out of this.... FFS! If this info is correct then it seems there was a complete lack of management ability from both the owners and the operational guys. Very disappointed for those who have been burnt.

It sounds as though there may have been more to this than simply financial issues. Chances are we will never get the full story. Certainly it is disappointing and annoying to find out that yet another boat builder has financially devastated clients and ruined a time that should be exciting for them. There needs to be a change to the laws that allow companies to do this to people and to receivers simply coming in and bleeding the last out of a company while the ones who financed what they are selling off get nothing. Anyone contemplating building with a builder that requires progress payments really does need to have an guarantee of title if this situation presents - they seem to be able to give it when a company is being run by administrators in the hope of trading out of financial woes - ala Riviera, so I don't see why it can't be written into a contract for a standard build.

Agreed Scottar and Alchemy. It's these situations that will eventually put custom boat builders out of business for good unless such arrangements are put in place. No way I'd ever get a custom boat built without it.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

What make of boat did you have on the go mate?

I am hoping Col, will provide some insight about Origin, here soon.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

always said never pay more then 10% and the rest on completion and hand over
    tbh i only buy yard stock if new on any of the last 15 boats ive owned