Thread: Ashley Ernst scammer from way back in 2003

Ausfish Bronze Member

Ashley Ernst scammer from way back in 2003

Way back in 2003 myself and quite a number of other members of the forum were ripped of by a guy named Ashley Ernst from Hervey Bay.

His scam was to contact people who had posted wanted adds and say that he had the item they were after. Well a few of us here were a little more trusting than we should have been and sent money to his bank account.

Ultimately due to our diligence he was caught and charged..................numerous times and ordered to pay us restitution. Haa Haa that was not gunna happen

Well Well surprise surprise.........after 12 years I suddenly received a cheque in the mail from the Qld govt last week. It had no details so I rang said Govt dept and was told it was compensation for some fraudulent dealing I was a victim off.
    I could not believe it. I have been compensated some of the money I lost 12 years on

Did anyone else receive a cheque recently?

Cheers Ric

PS. This scumbag Ashley Ernst is still pulling similar scams as you will see if you do a google search of his name.

Re: Ashley Ernst scammer from way back in 2003

Quote Originally Posted by gunna_too View Post
    Way back in 2003 myself and quite a number of other members of the forum were ripped of by a guy named Ashley Ernst from Hervey Bay.

His scam was to contact people who had posted wanted adds and say that he had the item they were after. Well a few of us here were a little more trusting than we should have been and sent money to his bank account.

Ultimately due to our diligence he was caught and charged..................numerous times and ordered to pay us restitution. Haa Haa that was not gunna happen

Well Well surprise surprise.........after 12 years I suddenly received a cheque in the mail from the Qld govt last week. It had no details so I rang said Govt dept and was told it was compensation for some fraudulent dealing I was a victim off.
    I could not believe it. I have been compensated some of the money I lost 12 years on

Did anyone else receive a cheque recently?

Cheers Ric

PS. This scumbag Ashley Ernst is still pulling similar scams as you will see if you do a google search of his name.

Glad to hear you at least got something back,

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Ashley+John+Ernst

Con man jailed for $30,000 fraud
    Last edited by Ausfish; 21-09-2015 at 10:56 PM.

Was that the guy selling the TLDs?

Yep, same guy that was selling TLDs. He got about $250 off me back then, but I got my money back after 2-3 years. WOW - there is plenty of info on him on the net!
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Ausfish Bronze Member

Yep that was him jeffo. He took me for $400.00. Said he had a Koden Sounder I was chasing. Another guy got stung for over $1k. He was after outboard parts from memory.

I remember one guy from here went to Ashley's house to confront him and when his girlfriend answered the door he saw the state of the house and just shook his head and walked away.

Hey Guys

Just to let you know this guy is still doing the rounds, we are looking for a pair of 115hp suzukis got the call yesterday saying a guy pulled out and they were on a truck in Brisbane, silly me transferred him $500.00 dollar deposit as the price was right.

About 10 mins later i thought i should enter in his name to google and this post came up. Lucky for me since it was recent i rung the bank and told them i had the wrong bank account and they transferred the money straight back!

So i was very lucky that i googled his name not so for other people im sure!

SO PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS BLOKE HE IS STILL DOING THE ROUNDS.
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

We got done for $250k back about 20 yrs ago by a large Aust company doing a job in Hong Kong.
    Our goods were unloaded from the ship in hong kong and delivered to the site 1 hour before the Aust company filed bankruptcy.

After 4 years we were offered 1.3c / dollar.

The company that went under operates again under a slightly modified name that nearly all city folks have read in signage. Same people still are involved with that company.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    We got done for $250k back about 20 yrs ago by a large Aust company doing a job in Hong Kong.
    Our goods were unloaded from the ship in hong kong and delivered to the site 1 hour before the Aust company filed bankruptcy.

After 4 years we were offered 1.3c / dollar.

The company that went under operates again under a slightly modified name that nearly all city folks have read in signage. Same people still are involved with that company.
    It seems a lot of billionaires get there by doing something similar.
    Borrow, borrow, borrow. If it fails go bankrupt, get cut a deal - 1.3c to the dollar etc because the creditors know its the only way to get something back. Somethings better than nothing at all right?

Then they come up with a new idea and somehow they convince people to invest and it starts all over again until they eventually succeed.

Can't believe the human race sometimes

What an oxygen thief, hope someone catches up with him in a dark alley sometime soon..

He is currently in prison for other matters filing charges with police because he has taken my identity. Currently working with south Australian police.

Quote Originally Posted by Skusto View Post
    He is currently in prison for other matters filing charges with police because he has taken my identity. Currently working with south Australian police.
    How did he manage that?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    How did he manage that?
    My fault probably he just wanted confirmation of myself and address so I said i would send a photo of my drivers licence to prove I was serious and so he had all my details should something happen, I have done it in the past when I have bought things interstate to show good faith. I always never thought that someone would obviously steal my identity and rack up $6,000.00 worth of mobile phone purchases to my Telstra account. So has been a lesson learnt but does make it tricky buying stuff interstate now as it gets harder to give people insurances that you are legitimate and safety for them. Any way it has been resolved after fighting with Telstra that it should have been flagged anyway because I don’t live in south Australia which is where they got posted.

Gone are are the days of honest people unfortunately. To many people trying to make a quick buck off anyone they can so they don’t have to work.
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"