Thread: advice

advice to load marks from lowrance to navman

i got lowrance gps mark on my sd card
    how can i down load them on navman 6600 fishtracker
    can i use a sd card
    pete

Re: advice

Hey Skip, I know nothing about it but youshould put more detail into your thread title. Just saying "advice" is reallyunhelpful!!

The marks need to be converted and then loaded in. The only way I ever successfully did Navman was by actually hooking the unit to a PC and directly loading it. There may be a way via C-Maps data management program but I never bothered investigating it once I nutted out the PC hookup. If you are looking for someone to do the conversion, you could check with Trymax Marine, the company I worked for, to see if they still do conversions for Navman. Ph 3245 3633.

scottat
    lowrance converted to c map

That's right. The two machines use a totally different format for data storage. What we found was that some of the converted files wouldn't load into the new unit though - hence the hookup to the computer direct.

Hi Scottar

Do you know anything about Lowrance marks to a Garmin? My Lowrance files are a .LOW and the Garmin are a .GPX. Can they be converted?

Have you tried GPS Utility or something similar?
    I used it about 6 years ago and it worked for me & may convert to your required format for you.
    Link below: http://www.gpsu.co.uk/download.html
    Recommend you read up about it first.
    Cheers Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Bremic View Post
    Hi Scottar

Do you know anything about Lowrance marks to a Garmin? My Lowrance files are a .LOW and the Garmin are a .GPX. Can they be converted?
    Lowrance are usually in a .usr (user) file extension. GPSU will handle that no worries or there is another program called GPS Babel that is a freeware program.

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Have you tried GPS Utility or something similar?
    I used it about 6 years ago and it worked for me & may convert to your required format for you.
    Link below: http://www.gpsu.co.uk/download.html
    Recommend you read up about it first.
    Cheers Rob
    We used GPSU pretty extensively but C-Map stuff (Navman and Furuno) always seemed to be an issue. In both instances hooking the computer up via NMEA and using GPSU to communicate directly worked perfectly. I'm sure there is probably a conversion program somewhere that will work though.

Navman/Northstar a pain. Never been successful. Furuno has been ok converted to *csv.