Thread: The whiting are still about

The whiting are still about

I took my neighbor, Alan out for a spot of whiting fishing. We left the ramp at 8.30 and headed out to the little ships channel and started drifting where we last caught them. A bay regular in his tinny was also fishing the same area for school mackerel. He said we were wasting our time "the whiting have moved on" anyway on our second drift we found them, the pick went down and the whiting kept coming aboard. On the first count we had 84, a short time latter we had our 100. Back at the ramp about 1 pm. The fish are now all cleaned and packed in the freezer. A good day out, perfect weather.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Re: The whiting are still about

Well done! Nice lot of fillets there. Size OK?

Did the guy chasing schoolies get any?
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Nice work mate, I was close to you guys for a short drift when the mackerel guy said they'd gone. How was the size and the depth?

I headed over to the Rouse.

Great catch and a good feed😋

Cheers
    Bermo

Sounds like a perfectly good waste of time.

Why would that be Scottar?

Most were average size got about 15 that were beauties. Depth was 4 meters approx. The mackerel guy got nothing.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Quote Originally Posted by bermo82 View Post
    Why would that be Scottar?
    Because if they weren't biting it would be a "bad waste of time". Reply was very much tongue in cheek.

Sorry mate, miss read the post. My bad😨