Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 69
  1. #46

    Re: Furuno Searchlight impressions?

    Big day today first water run and commissioning electronics; bit messy/blowy but the setup achieved 40kts easily i am told.

  2. #47

    Re: Furuno Searchlight impressions?

    what did you think of the search light function?

    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

  3. #48

    Re: Furuno Searchlight impressions?

    i was not in attendance during today's shakedown; they were making sure we have no cavitation in tube and that everything hangs together as designed, which it does apparently. now we know no mods are required, flooring & trimming can be installed on boat.

    can't wait

  4. #49

    Re: Furuno Searchlight impressions?

    thats awesome! measure twice cut once! . it is one serious dash!. man id love to ask some questions for moose marine

    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

  5. #50

    Re: Furuno Searchlight impressions?

    there is more computing power there than some offices

    which screen displays searchlight sonar?

  6. #51

    Re: Furuno Searchlight impressions?

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    thats awesome! measure twice cut once! . it is one serious dash!. man id love to ask some questions for moose marine
    I don't think they had to do any cutting Moose. The dash is constructed entirely of electronics stuck together with extremely well finished of sika
    "I soak the worms in rum. The fish love em and the worms die happy"
    "Alcohol is not the solution to your problems...................but then again, neither is milk"

  7. #52

    Re: Furuno Searchlight impressions?

    far left screen-- it also acts as night vision / thermal camera when underway

  8. #53

    Re: Furuno Searchlight impressions?

    Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    I don't think they had to do any cutting Moose. The dash is constructed entirely of electronics stuck together with extremely well finished of sika
    oh there is cutting, lots- trust me. and welding to boot. not the dash/display so much but the hull itself. welding and crafting a specific underside shape to eliminate turbulence and/or cavitation when having a great big hole in your (relatively small) alloy hull. There were iterations of which Furuno were involved, design executed by Moda. I would post pics of the final undersides but i might get shot.

    But here are the topsides if that is of any interest.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #54

    Re: Furuno Searchlight impressions?

    Quote Originally Posted by vinvaite View Post
    oh there is cutting, lots- trust me. and welding to boot. not the dash/display so much but the hull itself. welding and crafting a specific underside shape to eliminate turbulence and/or cavitation when having a great big hole in your (relatively small) alloy hull. There were iterations of which Furuno were involved, design executed by Moda. I would post pics of the final undersides but i might get shot.

    But here are the topsides if that is of any interest.
    Yes, the required hull form to get the necessary protection for the sound dome at speed is a bit of an art form in GRP let alone alloy. Just out of interest - On the day the welder put the sonar tube in, did you notice your ears felt like they were on fire? It looks like the sort of job that would use a pretty fair complement of four letter words - even more so in that amount of space.
    "I soak the worms in rum. The fish love em and the worms die happy"
    "Alcohol is not the solution to your problems...................but then again, neither is milk"

  10. #55

    Re: Furuno Searchlight impressions?

    oh touche

  11. #56

    Re: Furuno Searchlight impressions?

    now we know the searchlight and electronics are good (first water test) the final touches are being organised. Riggers went on a couple of days ago
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #57

    Re: Furuno Searchlight impressions?

    Testing/calibrating underway-- unfortunately we had 30~40kt conditions on each attempt so we didn't bother going wide just yet, hopefully within the next week or so.

    IMG_0840.jpg

    IMG_0830.jpg

    IMG_0897.jpg

    IMG_0908.jpg

    IMG_0859.jpg

  13. #58

    Re: Furuno Searchlight impressions?

    that is a very impressive boat. how did it go with weight?

    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

  14. #59

    Re: Furuno Searchlight impressions?

    Good looking boat

  15. #60

    Re: Furuno Searchlight impressions?

    unknown at this stage, we think 3500~3600 dry weight BMT.

    limit is 4500kg on my tow rig

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us