Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New ausfish homepage

Re: New ausfish homepage

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_H View Post
    Works beaut in Firefox amd IE. If you get the chance to check it out on an ipad (Safari) you'll find the top banner with the buttons on it overlays the user ID information.

Can email screenshot if you like.

dave
    Thanks for the info. Haven't checked it on an iPad yet.
    Mine had a little accident. Fell off the back of a motorbike
    Will check it later when I get a new one
    You should be able to use the new mobile template on your phone and iPad
    Or maybe it is just automatically loading on the phone? Will check soon

I am using the mobile template on my phone now to reply. Better than Tapatalk I think.

Quote Originally Posted by team_mongo View Post
    Here is a snapshot of my full screen with the new layout.
    Attachment 110926
    That is a narrow screen
    What is it on?

This is what I get on safari on iPad so I just use tapatalk at the momentImageUploadedByTapatalk1442342777.439063.jpg. Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

New ausfish homepage

^^^^ Same as on my iPhone, there are no visible icons to log on (where I assume there are some behind the banner). So the mobile site is ok to view from but I can't seem to do anything with it.

When I go to the full site (on my phone), and say try and modify/edit a post, there is a vertical add banner down the RHS, but not completely over on the RHS, that covers up the post/text that you are trying to edit - so you can only cancel and fire up the real puter.

So still using Tapatalk, but that is not without its problems either Steve. When viewing my recent thread post in Tapatalk it misses displaying some text, paragraphs &/or complete sentences.

Weird!!

Cheers
    Brendon

macbook pro 1280x800

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    This is what I get on safari on iPad so I just use tapatalk at the momentImageUploadedByTapatalk1442342777.439063.jpg. Matt
    Bluefin has pictured exactly what I was getting at.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks. Working on it.
    Should be able to setup Ipad detection and send you to the mobile template.
    Might take a while to workout the coding.

Quote Originally Posted by gofishin View Post
    ^^^^ Same as on my iPhone, there are no visible icons to log on (where I assume there are some behind the banner). So the mobile site is ok to view from but I can't seem to do anything with it.

On the mobile site on your phone, click on the Key at the top, see screen shot, this will give you the login. The block of 9 squares will take you to a main menu. The magnifying glass of course will take you to a search page. All of which are a bit different to what you would be use to on your computer.

ausfishmobile.jpg

When I go to the full site (on my phone), and say try and modify/edit a post, there is a vertical add banner down the RHS, but not completely over on the RHS, that covers up the post/text that you are trying to edit - so you can only cancel and fire up the real puter.
    The full template is not compatible with phones. Try to use teh mobile version. It takes a bit of getting use to to reply and post, etc, and you can not upload pics at this stage.

So still using Tapatalk, but that is not without its problems either Steve. When viewing my recent thread post in Tapatalk it misses displaying some text, paragraphs &/or complete sentences.

Weird!!

Cheers
    Brendon
    The way Tapatalk displays is under their control. It simply pulls the raw data from the site and displays it in their format. Sorry i cant help with those issues. Just make sure you are running the latest updates.
    Last edited by Ausfish; 16-09-2015 at 10:50 AM.

On your IPad, go to the bottom left of any page "Style Selector" and select "IPAD" as your style.

Let me know if that displays any better?

I hope to be able to test it later today

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    On your IPad, go to the bottom left of any page "Style Selector" and select "IPAD" as your style.

Let me know if that displays any better?

I hope to be able to test it later today
    Nailed it, works great!

Bloo-------dy awful, I think I will go elsewhere.

Haji-Baba

Hi Steve,
    Maybe I'm having a spastic moment but can't seem to find the " activity " link that use to be at the top left side?
    Any ideas where it's gone?
    Other than that its good just need to get use to it.

Cheers Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Hi Steve,
    Maybe I'm having a spastic moment but can't seem to find the " activity " link that use to be at the top left side?
    Any ideas where it's gone?
    Other than that its good just need to get use to it.

Cheers Rob
    It was missing, but I have added it in now.

Main navigation bar has been shrunk as much as possible.

A few more tweaks done. Thank for all the feedback

Screen shots for comparison

ausfishcompare2.jpg