Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New ausfish homepage

Re: New ausfish homepage

Well I think it's great! Good to see some progressive activity by the owners of the forum.
    And hey I don't remember any negative backlash when Lowrance or Raytheon change the colours and setups on their latest systems.....
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

What's the go with the big orange strip at the top that blocks out the login section at the top? And can't click on Boating to go back to the list of posts. Need to fix that up I reckon. Apart from that it's ok I spose.
    S$@t now I can't get back to the Forum menu at all. Fix the bugs please.....
    Darren

Despite the colour it is really quick now. Good stuff.

a bit of warning that Violet Red was another name for Hot pink but ive gone with the red only because its maroon....the blue would work to..

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Mc View Post
    What's the go with the big orange strip at the top that blocks out the login section at the top? And can't click on Boating to go back to the list of posts. Need to fix that up I reckon. Apart from that it's ok I spose.
    S$@t now I can't get back to the Forum menu at all. Fix the bugs please.....
    Hi

I can not get this to replicate. Could you give some more details, Browser, version, etc..... and a screen shot of what is happening.

What screen resolution are you using?

Thanks
    Last edited by Ausfish; 15-09-2015 at 11:51 AM.

I get the old style page first then it goes to new one. I don't like this.

One thing not working on the iPad is this tool bar
    Attachment 110920

Quote Originally Posted by dogg15 View Post
    I get the old style page first then it goes to new one. I don't like this.
    Hi
    Thanks for your feedback.

Are you going to ausfish.com.au and then to the forum, or going straight to the forum?

Are you staying logged in or are you logging in every time to visit the forums?

The home page at ausfish.com.au will be changed over in a day or two along with a lot of other content. Just having some compatibility issues at the moment that requires a lot of coding to get around.

Yes I agree the Orange is right in your face and hard to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodman View Post
    Yes I agree the Orange is right in your face and hard to read.
    There are now a few colour options available
    Just go to the bottom left of any page and select a colour you like from the drop down menu

I've change the colour and its a bit better. The orange default has too much contrast compared to the white and black smaller text.
    The top banner is quite large with the microsoft style, and combined with the ads, there is no readable text without scrolling on smaller sceens like laptops, ultrabooks etc. We are primarily here to read the text of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by team_mongo View Post
    I've change the colour and its a bit better. The orange default has too much contrast compared to the white and black smaller text.
    The top banner is quite large with the microsoft style, and combined with the ads, there is no readable text without scrolling on smaller sceens like laptops, ultrabooks etc. We are primarily here to read the text of the thread.
    Thanks for the detailed feedback. Will see if I can adjust the contrast a bit for you. I think it is the same background colour as the old version, but will look into it.

I have done a comparison of the layouts and colours, is this the difference you are seeing when you refer to the scrolling required?

ausfishcompare.jpg

I had trouble at first with the notifications etc. hidden behind the orange bar this was fixed by zooming out my screen size but now the text is alot smaller.

Here is a snapshot of my full screen with the new layout.
    aa.jpg

Works beaut in Firefox amd IE. If you get the chance to check it out on an ipad (Safari) you'll find the top banner with the buttons on it overlays the user ID information.

Can email screenshot if you like.

dave