Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knots Question

Re: Knots Question

I used to always use the double uni until I got onto this:

This is the slim-est mono to braid Knot I have seen and providing you take note of the braid entry and exit direction it is fail proof. You can even use long leaders that wind back onto your baitcaster reel.

Easiest way to tie the FG knot.

Jack.

The one I have found to be best for braid to leader or mono to leader is not on the list anymore.
    I can't remember the name but could show you in person, but doubt I could video it.

I have never had any problems with a bimini twist, no less than 55 twists for the braid. To join the Mono to the braid 14-4 Improved Albright knot combination. Have fun breaking this combo.
    " I have come to understand that I really do enjoy learning things the hard way "

Hi Steve, I've always used a uni for most line classes, leader to hooks, lures etc., and double uni for joins. Just do a foot or two of double, use 3-4 turns on the mono and 5-6 on the braid(generally5 but 6 for light lines). Never had any problem. Just take care when pulling each uni up that the turns stay neat especially when doing the uni on the braid side.

Quote Originally Posted by LOUIE View Post
    I used to always use the double uni until I got onto this:

This is the slim-est mono to braid Knot I have seen and providing you take note of the braid entry and exit direction it is fail proof. You can even use long leaders that wind back onto your baitcaster reel.
    Tag end of the leader is facing forward? And fg is thinner due to not going over doubled up leader.

And -

http://www.saltstrong.com/articles/a...to-vs-fg-knot/

http://www.saltstrong.com/articles/fg-knot/
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.