Thread: Whereisthis

Whereisthis

Hokeydokes who knows this place offhand ??.Whereisthis.jpg

Re: Whereisthis

Wollongong boat harbour

Well thereyago , certainly is .

Grew up down that way. Grandparents are all buried at either Albion Park or Bulli. Gods country down that way. Been over 25 years since I lived there. Always wondered why not many people fished from boat especially offshore. There was a great ramp at Bellambi point that was never full even on perfect days.

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    Grew up down that way. Grandparents are all buried at either Albion Park or Bulli. Gods country down that way. Been over 25 years since I lived there. Always wondered why not many people fished from boat especially offshore. There was a great ramp at Bellambi point that was never full even on perfect days.
    Gezzz Still Dreamin, your bringing back memories now.
    I used to fish around Bellambi as a teenager.
    Use to be some monster rays at that ramp.
    I grew up at Corrimal.

Wollongong Boat Harbour AKA Brighton Beach. Lived just up the road.

Anybody else here go to Keira High ?. My last year was the first year it went co ed with Smiths Hill.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    Wollongong Boat Harbour AKA Brighton Beach. Lived just up the road.

Anybody else here go to Keira High ?. My last year was the first year it went co ed with Smiths Hill.
    Yep yep , another for Keira High lol , and yes great fishing off Conno Break Wall as a kid and off Conno beach later on in life with my first Boat which was a 14ft Brooker with a Chrysler Outboard lol.. Bream, Snapper , tailor , Jew and Trag by the bountifull .
    Only need a wee bit of mince to start off with to catch your yakkas for bait n then fillet and use fer bait. Whole side off yakka or livie for jew and if you had VERY Fresh prawns for the Trag again all from Conno Beach just back from the breakers...
    Memories lol.
    Pic was taken just recently visisting to Gong on a recent caravan trip down that way which took three months to get there n back visiting the northern N.S.W. Rivers parks .
    Plan to do it over again too as had a ball ..

Remember as a nipper we used to go for a swim along that Brighton Beach after a fishing session in the Boat Harbour . Standing in the waters edge along Brighton beach and every now and again i would jump ta high heaven from getting bitten by a crab.
    An old fella was pi$$in himself laughing from me jumping around and came over n said "You like eating Crab ??" , MY Mom does"" i answers him .
    he then proceeded to go get himself a knife and run it through the sand and as soon as the blade came to a stop he would dig his hand in the sand adjacent to the blade and swoop up a crab ..
    "Thats how ya do it he sez and off he goes giggling to himself.
    That arvo i went home with near a bucket full of sand crabs which put a smile on my Moms face from ear to ear lol..

And another whereis from our trip which was a good little stopover aslo..
    Another-whereis.jpg

Looks like Ephriam Island Goldcoast but not enough buildings

Looking back at Swansea from Blacksmiths

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Gezzz Still Dreamin, your bringing back memories now.
    I used to fish around Bellambi as a teenager.
    Use to be some monster rays at that ramp.
    I grew up at Corrimal.
    There was a great bakery at the corrimal shopping centre that made an awesome vanilla slice. Best I have ever eaten. I went to Edmund Rice college up at Mt Kirra for a bit before moving qld

Most of my fishing was land based down at the entrance to Lake Illawarra. Warilla bridge and out at the island

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    There was a great bakery at the corrimal shopping centre that made an awesome vanilla slice. Best I have ever eaten. I went to Edmund Rice college up at Mt Kirra for a bit before moving qld
    I think an old mate married one of the girls from that Bakery
    We use to go bush, runamuck & ride Moto X a lot around Mt Cross ( Brokers Nose ) early / mid 80's
    Also rock / beach fished Towradgi to Bellambi

As a teenager I use to get my mum to drop me & the mates off at the Port Kembla Wharf for the day.
    We'd take our rods and spear guns and sneak under the main wharf. There were walkways that ran full length under the wharf.
    We'd spear kingies, black fish etc from the walkway. Use to have a ball.
    Couldn't ever see that happening these days.