Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Call for Net-Free zones for Moreton Bay

Re: Call for Net-Free zones for Moreton Bay

If you really want to help the fishery Mark, Stop ALL Imports and Exports of seafood......the market will regulate the number of active commercial fishers.
    Currently you can not regulate the numbers effectively because the export component is so large, hence more commercial fishers than we need for domestic supply.
    Stop the imports of all seafoods and you will give the environment the biosecurity it needs.

Why am I telling you this??? It will go nowhere.....
    Jack.

While I think that if we are to regulate a certain species, pick any, say Snapper because they are in decline, then the first point of call should be the restriction of exports (anywhere in Australia). For example, while SEQ may not export Snapper O/S it's pointless supplying the WA market a single fish if they are exporting their snapper (just as an example).

But if the fishery is not in decline, say East Coast King Prawn, then there is no point in restricting exports IMO.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Mark you can disagree with as many of my posts as you like but what still remains is the bad taste that you left here after your promises from the previous election where you became the minister for nothing in the Newman government and you actually achieved NOTHING of substance that wasn't going to happen anyway .

You liberal people are full of bull dust and don't have an original policy in you ,all you do is copy others as when you see it might improve your chances of being elected or there is some other form of gain . You certainly have a disgraceful way of treating constituents ,you think we all have our heads in the sand well your wrong it stands out like dogs you know what's that you are not genuine in helping the rec fisherman and woman .

We are watching you buddy and you will get caught out again telling us porkies as you got caught too easily last time but you and Timmy tried turning it around ,anyway Anistashia is here to stay from what I hear and you people will be on the back bench warming seats for some time to come ...Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......