Thread: Snapper off Mud Island

Snapper off Mud Island

Hey guys.

I am hearing a lot of talk of snapper off or near or at mud island. would anyone be kind enough to give me a nudge in the right direction ?

Mitch

Re: Snapper off Mud Island

Eastern side or northern side 4 - 8 meters
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

My advice - put in the hard work and hours and find your own spots and figure out for yourself how to fish them. It is not easy to catch fish around Brisbane. There are no secret spots and all the general info is easily available on the web. It is much more rewarding to figure things out for yourself and much more reliable than anything anyone else will tell you.

Everytime you fish the same spot you should figure out at least one thing about how to fish it. By the time you have fished it 10-20 times, you should be catching fish regularly there or it is time to find another spot.

You chop and change all the time hoping to find somewhere where the fish are going to jump on your line - well keep wishing.

Sorry to say this and you might not like it but it is the truth

Cop that Mitch. Lol

hey Jeremy, bit tough

It's not hard, get out there on a perfect Saturday or Sunday and observe how many boats are there. Then move somewhere far enough away from the crowds, but still in the general area, if you can find the bait schools you are better away from the rest who always make too much noise for the wiser bigger fish to hang around.

Scalem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Cop that Mitch. Lol

hey Jeremy, bit tough
    Wink wink nudge nudge say no more, say no more.

Thanks for most of your replies.

Will have the try the north and east side off mud island next time.

The trip back last time was a little back breaking hopefully the shorter trip will be gentler on the back.

Cheers guys.

ps. not looking for handouts here just some general advice

Mitch