Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Almost there!!!!

Almost there!!!!

I must say i feel for guys who buy there pride and joy only to be disappointed its not met there expectations. Altho I have felt like this time after time I keep reminding myself just how this marine industry works... Its not like buying a car and driving it down the road with a warranty thats worth the paper its written on. In a boats case its usually a throw together mix and match of what ever you choose and in my case most of my issues are actually my issues.. What i mean is I choose the trailer, outboards, battery system (altho recommended), electronics package, and over all lay out not to mention all the other add ons drastically changing the boats weight and of course ride... So at some point I realised I can't take aim at a boat builder for not knowing exactley how each and every item will effect my boat or (most importantly) my expectations of how the boat should perform. What I will say is Noosacat in my case has helped me through each issues to the best of there ability and in the end i have a boat that now goes awesome... its taken a hell of a lot of effort from both parties and time but in the end its been more than worth the effort. i haven't been happy just to accept it the way it was instead Ive persevered with help from others (many from this site) and in the end I have the boat riding the way I expected if not even better.. Each change alone the way has had a myriad of different consequences some positive and negative and at times its been a head$#@% but well worth it in the end.

Firstly i had ride issues and then power supply issues and bla bla bla but now Im almost there and once again i thank those guys who have helped me and given there advice and time along the way wether it be on this forum or Pm's. Anyway what i'm dribbling about is the last two trips Ive done Ive been unable to do what i set out to do each time due to power and electronics issues.. I've had the installer go up to 1770 to go over it time after time only to have a mess that still doesn't work. My last trip i had no power... My house bank of batteries wasn't receiving charge from my engines or solar so it was a nightmare from the get go... the trip before that my sounder wouldn't turn on and so on.... However on the trip I just done at the end of last week I had Scottar from Ausfish come up and help me out... thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! along with Hookinin (little champion) they worked until 3 am Thursday morning sorting the battery system... then back up at 6am thursday until 10.30am until it was all sorted... Finally i have power... Yeha... Now I'll add i still have issues with my VHF radio not working, TZ touch freezing every 10mins (almost hit the reef on Sat night), auto pilot is hopeless to say the least & a few other minor issues but to be honest I'm almost there and Im more confident knowing that i'm getting closer every trip... Cheers Scott i cannot say in words how much i appreciate what you done.. Not many people would extend themselves as you done and your persistence is much appreciated and rare. Gav likewise mate your a quiet achiever and a champion!!! thanks for the help and your input along the way....And thanks for letting me sleep on the way out...

Anyway the fishing!!!!!!!!

We ended up with a full box of mixed reef consisting of red emperor, coral trout, snapper, pearlies, green jobbie, red throat, parrot etc and about 9 flame snapper, a ruby snapper and 18 bar cod.

We also had Mick (AKA the Buttler ) on board and he was on fire getting himself a few PB's along the way.... The sharks were a real problem making life hard down south.

All in all a great trip with plenty of fillets in the freezer and looking forward to the meet and greet and fingers crossed some great weather for all...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0176.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	110712Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0852.jpg 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	110702Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0207.jpg 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	110703Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0185.jpg 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	110704Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0224.jpg 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	110705Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010504[1].jpg 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	110706Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010511.jpg 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	110707Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0643.jpg 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	110708Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0260.jpg 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	110709Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0244.jpg 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	110710Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010475.jpg 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	110711Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010472.jpg 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	110701

Re: Almost there!!!!

A very impressive haul Keith to say the least!!

Mate, those flame snapper look unreal!!

What weight did the big bar cod go, as they look huge??

I reckon Mick must have been thinking to himself how fantastic the trip was, & then all of a sudden the reality of the fact he was going to have to clean them all kicked in!!

Good to hear the tubs going well, & as you say almost there. Kudos to Scottar as he is always on here helping people out with technical issues.

Haven't spoken to Gav yet, but I'll ring him today. He will be one happy boy!!

Great report.

Tony

on ya keith and crew well done boyz..... a few high fives in that lot..... geee dont your crew feed you keith.... it looks like you could do with a feed buddy...lol... looking fit mate
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Great report, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the report B1, those conditions look awesome, makes it even better when the fish play the game! Big effort scottar and hookinin, well done guys! Good to see mick finally get a run!!
    Cheers whallup

top effort by all involved good mateship there and a great result on the fishing front
    im glad the deep water worked out for you keith...
    those screen shots look great with lots of life awesome.

cheers scott
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Thanks again for the trip Keith. I've come back feeling refresh as if I have been away from work for a couple weeks not just a few days. May be something to do with going the few extra miles and anchoring at Rooneys in glassed out conditions for a good nights sleep then traveling up Musy lagoon for the same the next night (beats bouncing around at anchor out to sea).Was a great intro to my first real deep drop experience and still beaming when I look at those pics. Really enjoyed Scotts company he was great to fish and travel with and sure we will do it again. Thanks Mick(the butler) for making our life easier. Even without the fishing and believe me that was great we had a great trip as I come to realize when talking to the girls at work who were more interested in the amount of whales that were playing, dolphins, school of mantas on the surface waving their fins, marlin free jumping all with reefs and islands as back drops. How good is this part of the world.

Hey Mick(outta line)
    Yeah he would only eat healthy stuff Sorry for the bad eating habits and influence Keith but you were smiling while doing it

With the list of everything that's gone wrong you would wonder if you have walked under a ladder somewhere along the way. Many would have shrugged their shoulders and given up, sold the boat and start again. Then you take a look at the results, the photos, and the mates prepared to share their knowledge and help. Awesome stuff Keith thanks for the "dribble" component of your post, which is not dribble at all. We work hard to get our tubs right, when everything works I have a far more enjoyable trip. Epic!

Scalem

Well done Keith and crew.
    Some good fish there.

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Well done Keith and crew.
    Some good fish there.
    That was beautiful rob!����

Awesome keith, Top effort once again mate.

Unbelievable.......

Quote Originally Posted by Cods Whallup View Post
    That was beautiful rob!����
    Wow, & people think I stir the pot...................................

I didn't realise that Mojo's were a dime a dozen...I thought you had down sized and I was disappointed we didn't catch up....I looked for you everywhere and just when i thought I found you it was an impostor....

Name:	P1010490.jpg 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	110715Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0856.jpg 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	110714

Are you coming to the meet and greet Bobby???

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    I didn't realise that Mojo's were a dime a dozen...I thought you had down sized and I was disappointed we didn't catch up....I looked for you everywhere and just when i thought I found you it was an impostor....

Name:	P1010490.jpg 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	110715Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0856.jpg 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	110714

Are you coming to the meet and greet Bobby???
    Lol funny stuff B1!!!�� hey rob not only do you use electrics in 10m mate now you've got subbies working for you? What's going on matey???