Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Almost there!!!!

Re: Almost there!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    I didn't realise that Mojo's were a dime a dozen...I thought you had down sized and I was disappointed we didn't catch up....I looked for you everywhere and just when i thought I found you it was an impostor....

Attachment 110715Attachment 110714

Are you coming to the meet and greet Bobby???

Haha thats funny.
    Oh well looks like you found your Mojo's.
    I have a team of scouts out there 😆
    We done 1770 cause it wasn't looking favourable off Fraser over the weekend.

Only if you promise to be nice to me 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    A very impressive haul Keith to say the least!!

Mate, those flame snapper look unreal!!

What weight did the big bar cod go, as they look huge??

I reckon Mick must have been thinking to himself how fantastic the trip was, & then all of a sudden the reality of the fact he was going to have to clean them all kicked in!!

Good to hear the tubs going well, & as you say almost there. Kudos to Scottar as he is always on here helping people out with technical issues.

Haven't spoken to Gav yet, but I'll ring him today. He will be one happy boy!!

Great report.

Tony
    Cheers Beaker,

Mate as you say Scottar is always helping guys on here and i'm not sure if some realise his experience in the industry...

Mate we caught 3 barries around the 20kg mark maybe a little lighter at a guess.. i only have boggas mate and they were maxed out at 15kgs and not sure how accurate they are anyway.

Mate Mick done well and will be a good addition to the boat once he learns the basics... there was a big improvement this trip and he done well so I'll give him a hand to fillet.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmfun View Post
    top effort by all involved good mateship there and a great result on the fishing front
    im glad the deep water worked out for you keith...
    those screen shots look great with lots of life awesome.

cheers scott
    mate we drove about 65k's back on Friday evening to come see if we could find you in the lagoon at musgave and have a few beers and say gidday... we soon realised on arrival that you weren't there so we sat back had a few drinks and a steak and hit the sack.... Mate great trip by you guys and some absolute cracker fish... We found some sensational shows in the morning about 10-15ks out from the reef but couldn't get them to bite... lock jaw.... After reading your post i soon realised you killed there leader and they didn't know what to do..lol

Quote Originally Posted by hookinin View Post
    Thanks again for the trip Keith. I've come back feeling refresh as if I have been away from work for a couple weeks not just a few days. May be something to do with going the few extra miles and anchoring at Rooneys in glassed out conditions for a good nights sleep then traveling up Musy lagoon for the same the next night (beats bouncing around at anchor out to sea).Was a great intro to my first real deep drop experience and still beaming when I look at those pics. Really enjoyed Scotts company he was great to fish and travel with and sure we will do it again. Thanks Mick(the butler) for making our life easier. Even without the fishing and believe me that was great we had a great trip as I come to realize when talking to the girls at work who were more interested in the amount of whales that were playing, dolphins, school of mantas on the surface waving their fins, marlin free jumping all with reefs and islands as back drops. How good is this part of the world.

Hey Mick(outta line)
    Yeah he would only eat healthy stuff Sorry for the bad eating habits and influence Keith but you were smiling while doing it
    haha Gav,

Mate I'm with you when it comes to comfort... id rather spend an hr and $$ to get a decent nights sleep so i have a good trip opposed to saving a few bucks and not sleeping. We do this for enjoyment not a living so it needs to be comfortable.

I have to say it was funny that first session when you were struggling hooking them only to come out firing the next day and absolutely smash them!!!! Wont be long I'm sure and you'll be bashing them of mooloolaba or noosa... Look out fish!!!!

Yeah anytime your keen for a fish you have my number i'll always squeeze you and your 10 tonne of lead in!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    With the list of everything that's gone wrong you would wonder if you have walked under a ladder somewhere along the way. Many would have shrugged their shoulders and given up, sold the boat and start again. Then you take a look at the results, the photos, and the mates prepared to share their knowledge and help. Awesome stuff Keith thanks for the "dribble" component of your post, which is not dribble at all. We work hard to get our tubs right, when everything works I have a far more enjoyable trip. Epic!

Scalem
    Cheers Scalem,

Im hearing you mate... As soon as anything breakdown on my boat i get disappointed instantly regardless what i catch.

Mate all I can say is its been all the guys i have met through fishing who have far and away been the best back up getting this right... I know very little about boats and the endless advice and different perspectives offered throughout my set up has left me in nothing but appreciation for anyone who gets on sites like this to help...

For example I struggled for ages to get someone who was able to service my boat at 1770 a couple of years ago so I threw up a thread looking for a mechanic.... Not only did I get details of a few guys the fella who i now use just turns up, doesn't need me there, services my outboards, does a good job, is proffessional, prompt, well priced and is easy to deal with and travels down from Gladstone.. I would never of found him if someone wasn't willing to spend the time and reply to my thread... he was great advice as has been the case many times over.

cheers mate

Where'd you go middle cock....Only 3/4 of you left?

GDay Keith,
    What depth are you guys getting the cod up that way? Here on the Tweed Coast we're finding we are having to head out to around the 350-360m line where we used to pick them up a lot in the 200m line.
    By the way - are you sure they are not Bass Grouper?
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    haha Gav,

Mate I'm with you when it comes to comfort... id rather spend an hr and $$ to get a decent nights sleep so i have a good trip opposed to saving a few bucks and not sleeping. We do this for enjoyment not a living so it needs to be comfortable.

I have to say it was funny that first session when you were struggling hooking them only to come out firing the next day and absolutely smash them!!!! Wont be long I'm sure and you'll be bashing them of mooloolaba or noosa... Look out fish!!!!

Yeah anytime your keen for a fish you have my number i'll always squeeze you and your 10 tonne of lead in!!!!!!
    Harden up princess!
    Cheers
    Shane Podmore
    0407 696 949
    shane@ssinductions.com.au
    http://www.ssinductions.com.au

Life's too short to fish from the bank and you can't take money with you when you die so buy a boat stupid

Believe it or not lads, Bannana weighed about 6 kilos less prior to us turning up with enough grub to feed a small army - all good healthy stuff too . I hadn't seen him in a few years and he is looking as fit as I've ever seen - all the fresh fish and the 1770 salt air must agree with him. Keith - Thanks again for the awesome trip, your incredible hospitality, generosity and the kind words mate. I had an absolute ball and added a few firsts to the personal list and am absolutely cracking my neck to get the Victory up there and see if I can add a few more - fingers crossed I can get a leave pass for a couple of days while the M&G is on. Gav - not sure whether to call you Hookinin or "The Quiet Achiever" mate but you were great company and I have planted the seed for the Hards trip with the big fella - just need the all the stars to line up - you finished filleting yet LOL. Thanks as well to Mick for helping us out and it was good to see him get a couple of PB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0wler View Post
    Harden up princess!
    haha. The look on your face that night was well worth the extra 60k's in the opposite direction for a hot cooked meal and cold beer in absolute comfort.. Considering I was fishing down that way the next day anyway it was only 20k's further...

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Believe it or not lads, Bannana weighed about 6 kilos less prior to us turning up with enough grub to feed a small army - all good healthy stuff too . I hadn't seen him in a few years and he is looking as fit as I've ever seen - all the fresh fish and the 1770 salt air must agree with him. Keith - Thanks again for the awesome trip, your incredible hospitality, generosity and the kind words mate. I had an absolute ball and added a few firsts to the personal list and am absolutely cracking my neck to get the Victory up there and see if I can add a few more - fingers crossed I can get a leave pass for a couple of days while the M&G is on. Gav - not sure whether to call you Hookinin or "The Quiet Achiever" mate but you were great company and I have planted the seed for the Hards trip with the big fella - just need the all the stars to line up - you finished filleting yet LOL. Thanks as well to Mick for helping us out and it was good to see him get a couple of PB's.
    cheers Scotty anytime mate..

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    GDay Keith,
    What depth are you guys getting the cod up that way? Here on the Tweed Coast we're finding we are having to head out to around the 350-360m line where we used to pick them up a lot in the 200m line.
    By the way - are you sure they are not Bass Grouper?
    Brett

Brett we've been getting them of Brisbane from the 200mtr mark and on.. As for up there I'm just a beginner but have been catching them in various depths from 280 and up..

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Filleted last night except the cod. They have been gilled and gutted and iced down so they can excrete a bit more slime. Had ruby and flame snapper for tea tonight and both great.

Quote Originally Posted by hookinin View Post
    Filleted last night except the cod. They have been gilled and gutted and iced down so they can excrete a bit more slime.
    Good to hear mate - I've done the same. Coral trout deep fried in cornflake crumbs went down a treat tonight.

Awesome haul there Keith and crew well done guys
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.