Thread: Pajero + 16ft tinnie + 4-5 days off with no kids

Pajero + 16ft tinnie + 4-5 days off with no kids

So given the heading. Where would you go. Leaving from brissy don't want to drive more than 5 or 6 hours

Want a self contained unit
    salt water fishing for edible stuff

your suggestions pls

Re: Pajero + 16ft tinnie + 4-5 days off with no kids

Wife and I spent a few days at Kellys Beach resort, Bargara, then headed to the main ramp at Burnett Heads river mouth, turn left from the ramp by 5 mins and cracked some nice grunter at the end of the rock wall, all on yabbies caught round the corner from the ramp. Staff could not do enough for us we loved the accommodation, and because I said I had a boat they gave us the unit with the hose and fittings so I could wash the boat down. I had hoped to do more with the boat, but the wind kept us in the river. I was on the last 40 or so ltrs of my 150 capacity for a light tow up, and didn't need any more fuel, we were into fish with only 5 or so ltrs over 2 trips. Very nice stay, had a ball!

Scalem

Tin can bay marina. Got all the great sandy straits there. Can leave your boat on the water too. Nice modern two story townhouses

Sent from my lawnmower

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    Wife and I spent a few days at Kellys Beach resort, Bargara, then headed to the main ramp at Burnett Heads river mouth, turn left from the ramp by 5 mins and cracked some nice grunter at the end of the rock wall, all on yabbies caught round the corner from the ramp. Staff could not do enough for us we loved the accommodation, and because I said I had a boat they gave us the unit with the hose and fittings so I could wash the boat down. I had hoped to do more with the boat, but the wind kept us in the river. I was on the last 40 or so ltrs of my 150 capacity for a light tow up, and didn't need any more fuel, we were into fish with only 5 or so ltrs over 2 trips. Very nice stay, had a ball!

Scalem

Sounds great. Somewhere we haven't been. Looks like about 5 hours from west Brisbane.

If you get good weather you have so many options. If the weather turns sour there are enough touristy things that will keep you in the good books. The bundy rum distillery tour is a must do, I could have stopped at the bar at the end and tried samples I never knew existed, but you only get 2 free ones. Mon Repo beach is beautiful but need to know when the turtle run starts if that's what you want to do. Plenty of shops, eating out gives you plenty of options too, and Bundaberg is a short run. Not hard to tell i will be back there, love the place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've booked from24th - 28th.
    How bout some tackle, bait and spot tips next ?

mitch

Pajero + 16ft tinnie + 4-5 days off with no kids

Pop in to see the boys at tackle world in Bundy, amongst other things grab a permit to fish lake Monduran which is only an hour or so away. I bought a permit but then the trucks starter motor started acting up, so I chickened out. The only other spot I fished was in the Burnett, head upstream for 5 mins from the best ramp close to the mouth of the river, and you will see where the rock wall meets a sandy bay where a lot of boats are anchored, the current has scooped out a deep hole at the tip of the wall. 1st good sign was baitfish followed by a steady flow of fish with some good ones mixed in. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

to get to bargara fastest way, you turn right at childers just before main street, your gps should tell you that way, no need to go into bundy

So far so good. 10kg queenie this morning and dropped another.

Not sure how to post pics

Quote Originally Posted by robsue View Post
    to get to bargara fastest way, you turn right at childers just before main street, your gps should tell you that way, no need to go into bundy
    Goodwood Rd, 1km before Childers.