Thread: hungry whiting

hungry whiting

went out solo yesterday tried quite a few spots around rouse and ended up with 40 whiting, caught on squid and plastic worm

left manly boatramp at 8am this morning, solo again, went to the last place I fished yesterday, dropped anchor and got things ready
    started fishing about 8-30am, first 4 fish caught were pike, then bingo, didn't they bite, could only use 1 rod, and bagged out by by 9-45

the quality today was much better, and all caught on gulp worm

and to top things off a horse I part own won, now won its last 3 starts over in perth yesterday, few happy punters about.

cheers

Robin

Re: hungry whiting

well done mate on the whiting and also on the tip,there will be a few new fishing outfits bought with the winnings.haha

Nice work mate, what is the horses name? Might jump on the bandwagon

Nice work. Well done mate
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Nice work. I'll be there Sunday, hope they're still chewing.

conseated it ran in perth,it having a spell now robin told me ,will be racing early next yr again

Nice . Always good having multiple wins! Hope the horse win pays for all of it's spell. ben

Hi Robin
    Well done
    Was at the Rous myself yesterday -- moved around a lot but struggled to find the schools - got 45 between three of us - mostly good size though - also fished the small ships channel for a similar result.
    Do you use a jig head with the gulp worm or just put them on a standard trace rig?

Best
    Paul

paul ,you just use a standard rig with the gulp worms,cut them the size you would normally use fresh worms and thread on hook.i fish with a patanoster rig for whiting
    9/ 2016-8/2017 crab count
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

Thanks for the "heads up" Rosco

paul

Paul, as Rosco said