Ok guys, after much finger walking, I have narrowed my boat down to two. Topender 450 sc or topender 481 sc.
There are probably two or three other boats that are better but due to logistical issues sees their prices balloon out of budget range. The new 4mm bottom has clinched it. Having a dealer here in Thailand makes it so much easier. So the next decision is outboard.
The 450 topender has a max hp rating of 75. Guess which brand that fits. No etec dealers within 2000km (and across a boarder.) Nice one Quintrex.
So for me the best fit is a suzuki df70atx. Anybody own one with this configuration?
If it cant beat 70km/hr I will go to the topender 481 sc. Its my choice to go faster. A 60hp is only going to get 60km/hr, will a 70hp go the distance?
The topender 481sc can carry 90hp max. Again suziki df90atx is my choice. Anybody have this configuration?
The only other viable option for me is a Yamaha motor. The suzuki has a price and weight advantage but not enough to do hand stands over. Still having issues locating outboard dealers here though.
I could do it the thai way and just wack on a 90 but then, knowing insurance companies in the west and dodgy practices here frightens me, lol. Thais wouldnt hesitate.
This purchase is proving to be harder work than when I bought my 543rf. I will keep you posted.