Thread: wreck off noosa

wreck off noosa

here is some underwater footage a mate took with his go pro off noosa.
    some bait, bream, pearlys and jewies.

Re: wreck off noosa

How far offshore? Good vid.

Cuzza

Bit over 10nm

Love the whale songs.

Creepy sound. Are they whale songs or maybe some bush curlews?

If they are bush stone curlews they are somewhat lost

there were a few whales within a few mile of this spot so it could be whales.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Definitely whales, they racket they make and the distance it carries underwater is remarkable. I hung a Gopro over in the humpback highway off Ningaloo last year and the range of sound was amazing, even more so than that one. The resident fish are probably glad when the migration is over

Hey Kizza1 I was talking to your mate at the ramp yesterday after he had been out for a run to play with his sounder again. He was telling me about the video so I'm pretty sure its the one.
    Gaven

yeah that would have been him. hes just had his unit replaced as it was playing up. hes going out tomorrow to test it out. unfortunately i cant go because of fathers day commitments but i am keen to try fishing this and a nearby wreck again.

Quote Originally Posted by kizza1 View Post
    yeah that would have been him. hes just had his unit replaced as it was playing up. hes going out tomorrow to test it out. unfortunately i cant go because of fathers day commitments but i am keen to try fishing this and a nearby wreck again.
    Yeah I haven't spoken to him since he got the new unit but I hope its all going well as I'm half way through fitting 2 of those units in my boat. Mine will have a 1kw transducer one unit though and the standard on the other that will just run as a gps most of the time so hope all goes well.

Hi-ya, curious how this was filmed? Was the GoPro attached to a line and lowered down? Or did you dive with it? Travis