Thread: Marlin auto inflatable recharge kits?

Marlin auto inflatable recharge kits?

After seeing the aldi manual inflatable pfd's in their latest catalogue for $50, I thought I better go check the service dates on the marlin auto inflatable jackets in the boat. (these jackets were in the boat when I bought it but I've always just used my foam ones)

All the bobbins are just out of their 3 yr life and 4 cylinders have been discharged without my knowing.

Anyone know where I can get these recharge kits any cheaper than whitworths $30? My jackets have manufacturer dates of 2011 but are in perfect visual condition except for the expiry dates and empty cylinders so can they simply be re-armed/self inspected and start with a current service date on the tag?

https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_i...bsolutePage=10

Need 6 of them so trying to find the best price...

Cheers.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Re: Marlin auto inflatable recharge kits?

BCF sell them,

Yeah bcf are $40. Cheapest I've found so far is whitworths for $30.

Yep, already done an eBay search ( usually my first port of call) but none of the eBay listings has the bobbin. And I don't think you can buy it separately.

G'day

I've just picked up the manual axis recharge kit from Boating & RV, $19.90 each. Check the price for the auto's there.

What I suggest you do is manually inflate your jackets and leave up for a few days to check the integrity of the bladder.

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

Yep, tried rv already too.. They don't stock the auto ones that suit the marlins. Have done the manual inflation test and they have all passed.

Looks like whitworths is the go.

Now do I re-date these from when I've checked them or when they were due on the tag?

Cheers.

I'm a bit late, but these are the best prices I've found...
    http://www.dinga.com.au/watersnake-a...harge-kit.html

Not sure if these are the correct clips - there seem to be two styles...
    http://www.dinga.com.au/watersnake-i...en-5-pack.html

Interestingly, I checked mine today, and noticing corrosion on the cartridge thread, decided to test it even though well out of date - worked well!
    If nothing else, I at least know now how to operate one should the need arise!