Thread: Stress relief

Blog Entries

Stress relief

Has been a hectic couple of weeks both at work and away from it and I was in need of some water therapy. I loaded the yak up Friday night for an early morning session in the usual haunts. I launched right on sunrise. It was a brisk morning and it was as I was paddling across to my spot that I really wished I had my neoprene socks and long pants on instead of shorts and bare feet. The tide was on it's way in with a high expected at around 10am. It was a new moon also so I was confident of putting a feed in the bag for dinner. There was litlle bait about though which seemed strange and the snot weed was thick. It wasn't long however until a flatty came aboard that was around 50cms and a smaller undersized model shortly after. As the sun rose higher the fish seemed to shut off and I spent a while moving about looking for something to entice, alas nothing. A couple of hours later I scored another couple of just legals that I let swam away to grow a bit more. I wanted one more around the 50cm mark and had plenty of time to find it. I headed into a nother spot I like to fish just as the tide topped out and turned. There was just starting to get a bit of run in the tide and I put 6 flatty's in the yak in a 45 min window including a second 50 odd cm fish that secured dinner for my lady and I. I had anchored up next to an old bream fisho. He kept shaking his head as I pulled another flatty in, I didnt see him get a fish in that time hahahhaaaa. I ended up doing poached flatty fillets in a Thai Green Curry. Yum

Anyway, a relaxing morning on the water. Here are some pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150815 SR.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	110513

Name:	20150815pelicans.jpg 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	110516

Name:	20150815pelican SR.jpg 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	110515

Name:	20150815 dinner.jpg 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	110517

Name:	20150815 bird.jpg 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	110518

Name:	20150815FH.jpg 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	110514

Re: Stress relief

Some nice flathead there Luke. Well done mate
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.