Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What reel for my new "Bring it on"

Re: What reel for my new "Bring it on"

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Get our electrafish Friday!!

Did you pick up your gaff Rob or do you want me to grab it??
    ill load it up good and hard tomorrow, give it a bit of a workout for you tony, knock some of that newness look out of it, no mate that's OK I don't mind

Marquesa looks like it would suit.

Moejoes, picked up the skull drag this morning, left the Bunker Syndrome to get a shorter butt, i reckon with reels Crunchy, a Torsa 20, tried a few other reels like a talica 16 but Torsa 20 seems a natural fit,, just my opinion
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by One more drop View Post
    Marquesa looks like it would suit.
    The new two speed does look the goods, just don't have any brand experience with fin-nor

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    Moejoes, picked up the skull drag this morning, left the Bunker Syndrome to get a shorter butt, i reckon with reels Crunchy, a Torsa 20, tried a few other reels like a talica 16 but Torsa 20 seems a natural fit,, just my opinion
    Nice to meet you the other day Tangles,
    I forgot my mini Ghetto gaff after gas bagging with you for an hour LOL

No worries crunchy! Lol there's a story behind that! Isn't there Moejoes! There are no more Shimano torsa's in captivity and they do not make them anymore! I fished with a fella a couple of weeks ago on giddyup( or should I say watched some whales with a bloke!) and he had a finnor marquesa and it seemed ok, he fishes a lot off Fraser with it, and was happy with it!

Cheers whallup

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    ill load it up good and hard tomorrow, give it a bit of a workout for you tony, knock some of that newness look out of it, no mate that's OK I don't mind

Mate, do you really think it will be worth the grief upsetting Juna??

If so, you are a braver man than me

Gees I wasn't thinking

The new two speed does look the goods, just don't have any brand experience with fin-nor
    I've got a Marquesa 20T single speed that I've had for a few years now. I'm very happy with it. Smooth drag, pulls up to 17 kg maxed out. I'd happily get another. Given the amount of braid I can fit on it and the relatively shallow depths up here, I'd even consider a 16 if it could pull similar drag levels.

Cheers
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Mate, do you really think it will be worth the grief upsetting Juna??

If so, you are a braver man than me

Blooded the new rod yesterday with a decent spangly & couple of snaps, the T30 was a bit bulky and a narrower more compact reel would be the go. Nice rod though, very very sensitive even with mono.

Geezzzz you live the life Crunchy.... whilst we are slaving away at work
    Glad to hear you like it.

oooooh, courier just been....

IMG_1705.JPG

oooooh, courier just been....

IMG_1705.JPG
    Mmmmm I can see a torsa 20 in there and it is missing the handle!������

Right and wrong there buddy, yep its a Torsa 20 but no, it does indeed have a handle!

Many thanks to all who gave advice on what to get, very useful input and much appreciated. From the responses above I did a bit more research and decided on the Torsa 20. No doubt the Talica is a very good reel but the Torsa is a better built reel from what I could learn, plus I think whenever Shimano bring out a new model they are a downgrade from the model they replace, yes more features and hype but actual build quality , (See AH's review of the new Stella last year - very sad, Baitrunner downgrade, Ian miller T-Curves to the Revolution...maybe more?).

Finding a Torsa 20 was not easy, after a few false starts with webshops showing in stock only to ring and find they weren't taught me a valuable lesson - ring before ordering! One shop rang Shimano for me but nada in stock - its all over for the Torsa. Anyhooo tracked one down in WA (Ray & Annes - very good service) and ordered over the phone on Thursday and arrived today .

Thinking PowerPro 50Lb, Im usually a Fin's man but keen to try something else - thoughts?

Cheers
    Crunchy

IMG_1707.JPG