Thread: jacobs well?

jacobs well?

He y guys thinking of hitting up down around jacobs well / the pin tomorrow for something different. Ive never really fished down there, Just wondering if its worth my time or is it fished out? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks Rhys

Re: jacobs well?

What kind of fishing are you looking at doing down there? Ie flicking plastics for flathead, baitfishing for anything? If you can give us some kind of idea on what boat and gear you are using I might be able to help.
    Cheers whallup

hey mate I've got a 455 sea jay side console. Im open to anything really, i mainly use plastics. I have a s#@t ton of gear (don't tell the wife i said that, you can never have too much!) so I'm open to what ever catches fish. I was thinking of chasing flatties. Just not sure if there is much down there.

Jacobs Well and the pin still fish very well for flathead at times. Like anywhere, you need to know some spots and how to fish them, but you are still in with a chance of a few fish if you pick a good spot on the day. I got 10 small flatties on plastics down there yesterday arvo (Saturday) and got my PB of 92 cm at the same spot in December last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys_Mav View Post
    hey mate I've got a 455 sea jay side console. Im open to anything really, i mainly use plastics. I have a s#@t ton of gear (don't tell the wife i said that, you can never have too much!) so I'm open to what ever catches fish. I was thinking of chasing flatties. Just not sure if there is much down there.
    Gday Rhys, you might have to clear some msgs so you can receive new ones! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys_Mav View Post
    He y guys thinking of hitting up down around jacobs well / the pin tomorrow for something different. Ive never really fished down there, Just wondering if its worth my time or is it fished out? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks Rhys
    Kalinga Bank at Jacobs fishes well mate. I only bait fish there. Nothing beats floating around all day for fat Flatties at the Pin.

Been some good flattys caught lately. just look for drains that empty into wider creeks, and and sit at the drain as the tide falls.
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.