Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Doughnut!!!

Doughnut!!!

A couple of weeks back I headed up to 1770 with a couple of the lads for a quick over nighter. The plan was to fish the 150 + grounds on electrics givin it was a 0-5 Knott forecast for something different. On arrival to 1770 we met up with a couple other boat loads of fellas. Unfortunately the night before heading out we thought it would be a good idea to sink a few too many coldies with the end result being a mild hangover for the skipper and a late start..lol

anyway with a late start we headed out past the headland to be greeted with 20knott winds. I thought to myself this is great.. I havnt been fishing for almost two months and I decide to get pissed the night before getting belted for 100k's. Not a good start!! Things quickly got worst as my sounder was stuffed. I still could get images but unable to use its menu. I though what's next a hangover, 20 Knotts and a stuffed sounder..... As we approached the reef we realised we forgot the mandatory 30kgs of pillies!!!! Now we are trouble... The end result was a day and a morning on the reef for bugger all... And I mean bugger all!!! 1 red to Andrew and I don't think the other fellas or Andrew even boated another fish😁.

i came away from that trip probably learning more than all past trips put together. It reinforced how I normally fish to bring fish on the chew when they are finicky by the use of oily baits like pillies and tuna. It also showed the importance of fishing the shallows with pillies when times are tough and most importantly it showed me the importance of quality flesh baits over pre bought crap like mullet and squid for quality fish. Once your anchored on a decent fish you need to present that fish with something that it can't pass up as compared to a pre frozen bait or a washed flesh bait.

Anyway it it was a good reinforcement in the end that what I do works because I couldn't of done anything more different on a trip than that one and the result was no different to what I deserved. It shows the importance of being organised (I definatley wasn't.. I didn't even pack my boat) haveing a plan and sticking to it (we didn't even get to the 70mtr line never mind 150mtrs), the importance of catching quality large flesh baits (we didn't even try this time), the importance of pillies to attack the shallows for a back up plan, ( no pillies = no fish for me), the importance of working electronics!!!!! Say no more... All I can say is I thoughroughly enjoyed getting on the piss with the boys the night before the trip but it came at a cost...

Im heading up tomorrow with a few guys and all I can say is I can only hope things go smoother this trip and hopefully the weather plays the game because I couldn't handle only bringing home a handful of trout and mixed reef two trips in a row... This trip I'm organised so fingers crossed..

Cherrs fellas

Re: Doughnut!!!

That's a big bummer Keith! And problems with the Furuno TZ !! WTF ???

Obviously fixed now, was it something to do with the touch screen (not responding to touch), or more than that?

Anyway, sounds like it could have been worse.... you could have NOT got on the piss, still forgot the pillies, still had a dud sounder, still got belted by 20kn, and still caught no fish...! Now that would have been bad...
    Cheers
    Brendon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great report...I was at work having a shit week when you rang to invite me,then it got worse because I thought those pricks are having a ball up there & here I am slaving away.Cod's Wallop was stiring me up texting me how great it was having beers the night before the trip..Then when you rang & said WHAT A SHIT TRIP!...all of a sudden work got better,i started to smile....lol
    Can't believe Wallop forgot the pillies!
    Lets hope we can smack a few over the next few days..i'm pumped!..good week coming up.

Yep I learnt a LOT that trip.

I've got the TZTL 15 installed temporarily (that Dick dropped off to me half an hour after he talked me into it instead of waiting till the 20th for me FCV 295 ) and ready to leave at about 3am so we might see you up there boyz.

Oh and if you want to send me a couple of marks to start me off for Flamies as I now have my first electric and maybe a spot to pick up a couple of Chinamen I wouldn't mind at all
    Cheers
    Shane Podmore
    0407 696 949
    shane@ssinductions.com.au
    http://www.ssinductions.com.au

Life's too short to fish from the bank and you can't take money with you when you die so buy a boat stupid

Should stay off the doughnuts mate. They make you fat. No good at all

Quote Originally Posted by soulfish View Post
    Great report...I was at work having a shit week when you rang to invite me,then it got worse because I thought those pricks are having a ball up there & here I am slaving away.Cod's Wallop was stiring me up texting me how great it was having beers the night before the trip..Then when you rang & said WHAT A SHIT TRIP!...all of a sudden work got better,i started to smile....lol
    Can't believe Wallop forgot the pillies!
    Lets hope we can smack a few over the next few days..i'm pumped!..good week coming up.
    You make it sound like I was the only one there!!�� I try and take a positive out of most situations, and could only think that it was a cheap whale watching trip although I would of preferred to have mimi pointing out the whales for us! All in all had a top weekend as a prelude to the meet and greet! I met a few more ausfishers and learnt a few more things about the reefs in the cap/ bunker group! Thanks again Keith and bring on September!!��

Quote Originally Posted by Cods Whallup View Post
    You make it sound like I was the only one there!!😱 I try and take a positive out of most situations, and could only think that it was a cheap whale watching trip although I would of preferred to have mimi pointing out the whales for us! All in all had a top weekend as a prelude to the meet and greet! I met a few more ausfishers and learnt a few more things about the reefs in the cap/ bunker group! Thanks again Keith and bring on September!!👍

your easily pleased bud... If someone took me out on a trip like that I'd shoot them😜

yeah september will will be a great week mate so fingers crossed the weathers good for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by gofishin View Post
    That's a big bummer Keith! And problems with the Furuno TZ !! WTF ???

Obviously fixed now, was it something to do with the touch screen (not responding to touch), or more than that?

Anyway, sounds like it could have been worse.... you could have NOT got on the piss, still forgot the pillies, still had a dud sounder, still got belted by 20kn, and still caught no fish...! Now that would have been bad...
    Cheers
    Brendon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey mate

The tz was fine but the 1150 was out of action... Fixed now. To be honest it wouldn't of mattered. I still recon I was that disorganised that the results would of been the same. Funny thing was I had a great weekend with the fellas so looking forward to September..

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Should stay off the doughnuts mate. They make you fat. No good at all
    stay away from Jason mate he'll lead you astray 😳

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0wler View Post
    I've got the TZTL 15 installed temporarily (that Dick dropped off to me half an hour after he talked me into it instead of waiting till the 20th for me FCV 295 ) and ready to leave at about 3am so we might see you up there boyz.

Oh and if you want to send me a couple of marks to start me off for Flamies as I now have my first electric and maybe a spot to pick up a couple of Chinamen I wouldn't mind at all

Mate the TZ is awsome and the only problem I've had with mine was I didn't turn on the transducer!!! give me a call and I'll explain... I'd go the tz over the 295 personally!!

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    your easily pleased bud... If someone took me out on a trip like that I'd shoot them😜

yeah september will will be a great week mate so fingers crossed the weathers good for everyone.

Don't worry mate ill make sure that boat is organised before you go to the pub next time!!�� pick your lip up and make sure you get some this weekend!!��

We had a great trip that same weekend with lots of real top quality fish coming aboard.
    Shame about your deckies though Keith, a few ales and they fall to pieces on you but it's bloody hard to get good help these days,lmfao
    Oh did I mention we caught a crap load of fish that same weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Cods Whallup View Post
    You make it sound like I was the only one there!!�� I try and take a positive out of most situations, and could only think that it was a cheap whale watching trip although I would of preferred to have mimi pointing out the whales for us! All in all had a top weekend as a prelude to the meet and greet! I met a few more ausfishers and learnt a few more things about the reefs in the cap/ bunker group! Thanks again Keith and bring on September!!��
    I'm just stiring you up mate....everyone knows it all comes back on the skipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie123 View Post
    We had a great trip that same weekend with lots of real top quality fish coming aboard.
    Shame about your deckies though Keith, a few ales and they fall to pieces on you but it's bloody hard to get good help these days,lmfao
    Oh did I mention we caught a crap load of fish that same weekend
    You were out a day earlier than us, and that's when they were biting!! Apparently!!��