Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Doughnut!!!

Re: Doughnut!!!

We had a good trip,on the way out the house batteries weren't charging,the HMAS Giddyup was sucking more amps than a whore house in Thailand.This was a worry as we would not have an anchor alarm if we ran out of power during the night.Also no gps sounder the next day.
    Banana was a bit down over this as you would be.Keith put a red in the box first up but then we had major shark problems.We moved up to Broomy for the night bumped into Ferral cat & steve,had a bit of a shit stir there then anchored up for a few beers & bullshit.We awoke to a glass out & still had power..yippee.,but not a very good sleep as twice we've lost anchors there during the night so hard to sleep not knowing if the anchor alarm was on.Headed out first drop dick pulls a red,then pretty quite for a couple of hours.Shifted around a bit & finally started to put a feed together ..40 odd fish,some cracker pearlies, good gold band,quality maoris..all the usual suspects.The call was made late in the arvo to go chase reds,tried a couple of rocks but the fishing was quite..A bit of a nw started to blow so we decided not to stay at broomy & headed down to Fitzroy.On the way down Squirt went into panic mode as there was only 6 goldies in the fridge..everyone looked at each other,this was a major concern as the banter is always way better when anchored in Fitzroy with a few coldies....we all were a bit stuffed & someone mentioned a hot shower,a comfy bed,a steak at the pub & a beer fridge in the shed..we had a vote & high tailed it back sitting 0n 40knts...a great time had by all...thanks for another great trip mate much appreciated.Now were about to hit moreton camping & beach fishing for the rest of the week with a dozen blokes..should have a ball...cheers guys.

Did you nut out the battery problem - faulty VSR???

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Did you nut out the battery problem - faulty VSR???
    yeah scotty that's was it.

Doesn't sound like a donut trip Jas/Keith. I suppose not your usual red/trout bag-out, but sounds like you had a few decent fish in the box?
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you get the new vsr Keith, look at upgrading to the one with a manual overide or get a parraleling switch put in at the same time if you don't already have one

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    When you get the new vsr Keith, look at upgrading to the one with a manual overide or get a parraleling switch put in at the same time if you don't already have one
    yeah mate Adam from ADL has ordered two for me.. It will be fantastic finally going fishing without the worry of power issues and sounder problems.

If if your not doing anything mate over the next couple of weeks and your keen to come up for a run mate I'll be happy to pay you to throw them in??

No worries mate. Pretty crook with the flu right now but hopefully it wont hang round too long

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Just got home from another doughnut all I need now is another 4 similar trips and I'll have half a dozen non productive trips... I'll change my name from bannana to crispy cream... Lol

Bannana, sounds like you have lost your Moejoes, literally!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    You just had to do it, didn't you! The rest if us are all dancing around the subject trying not to fire him up anymore than he needs to be, and you couldn't help yourself back in black!!!���� lol I think you know what needs to happen batman! Bobby is waiting for your call!!

Mojoe's only has 3 & a half weeks to go on his suspension I have been told.Then hopefully things go back to normal,he has completed his parachute course at Caboolture airport,& got rid of that stubborn mule in his back yard that he was catching bad traits off.He then needs to have a shocker of a trip & have a poor catch (something he hasn't been doing lately)then all will be good.!..lol..I've always wondered who was the most stubborn of the two..draw I reckon.!

Quote Originally Posted by Cods Whallup View Post
    You just had to do it, didn't you! The rest if us are all dancing around the subject trying not to fire him up anymore than he needs to be, and you couldn't help yourself back in black!!!😂😜 lol I think you know what needs to happen batman! Bobby is waiting for your call!!
    I don't know why I did that Cod??

It must have been those little voices in my head that made me do it

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Mate, That is hilarious!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Just got home from another doughnut all I need now is another 4 similar trips and I'll have half a dozen non productive trips... I'll change my name from bannana to crispy cream... Lol
    Just Finished cleaning my share of the box of Doughnuts No room left in 2 freezers now
    Thanks again for a great Trip Keith
    Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Dicktracey View Post
    Just Finished cleaning my share of the box of Doughnuts No room left in 2 freezers now Thanks again for a great Trip KeithDick
    Anytime Bood!!!Mate You have an uncanny knack to pissing people off but I'll give you your due.... Your great company and will always will be welcome on my boat. Cheers mate and well done on some quality fish yet again. I was at first a little apprehensive how you would get on with Jason (two strong personalities) but after you guys knocked over the first carton I knew you were all good. We had some funny laughs and to tell you the truth it made m trip. I'd rather have beers and tears of laughter compared to anything else. Cheers again dick & jason looking forward to our next trip guys..

Was great to catch you blokes up there, we were recovering from the night before when you blokes suddenly appeared outta nowhere...hahar. Need to organize a big raft up.