Thread: g.loomis rods

g.loomis rods

Could anyone tell me what the best g.loomis rod would be for soft plastic fishing, I have looked at the GL2 range but not sure on whether they are any good. In the past I have only used Shimano Raider, Jewel etc.

I want to upgrade my equipment. You thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: g.loomis rods

The days of G-loomis meaning something is long gone as the quality has dropped since shimano took them over,theres better around for the same money these days,today your paying for the name not the quality of rod the name used to represent.

Thanks Chris would you recommend what would be simular?

What do you mean by similar Andmar?? action feel casting ect. what are you after in a rod ?????

I was meaning what other brands would you recommend, I wanted it for softplastics fishing manly so a soft tip is a must

Are you fishing soft plastics for Bream, or Threadies and Jew? The GL2 is the lowest modulus of the G Loomis range. It's an entry level rod. Do you have a $ range you are wanting to spend? 13 Fishing are pretty good value for money.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

It all depends upon your price ranger theres a lot out there,what someone thinks is good is crap to another i make all my rods so i use St croix blanks or MHX,if you want to spend hundreds have a look at samuari or samaki or Stcroix.

Theres so much more we dont know like what size softplastics you throw or jig size ???????? a 4to8 lb or 4 to 10lb 7ft is standard to cast light jig heads or lures

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    It all depends upon your price ranger theres a lot out there,what someone thinks is good is crap to another i make all my rods so i use St croix blanks or MHX,if you want to spend hundreds have a look at samuari or samaki or Stcroix.

Theres so much more we dont know like what size softplastics you throw or jig size ???????? a 4to8 lb or 4 to 10lb 7ft is standard to cast light jig heads or lures
    Samurai rods are in the same boat as g.loomis and a samurai reaction is landed in Aus from china for approx $70 by frogleys, not a bad rod as the g.loomis is also not bad but yes they are way overpriced.
    Cheers
    Shane Podmore
    0407 696 949
    shane@ssinductions.com.au
    http://www.ssinductions.com.au

Life's too short to fish from the bank and you can't take money with you when you die so buy a boat stupid

Thanks guys your assistance is appreciated I what a rod for manly light work say 1/4oz as I fish for bream, flathead, yellas, trout and redfin. I wanted to spend approx. $200