Thread: Offshore Moreton Island

Offshore Moreton Island

With the great forecast this morning , it was a bit of a no brainer to head offshore for a feed of snapper .
    Not being out through the South Passage for a little while, and a low tide first up , I waited for it to get light before heading out.
    I got to the bar just as the sun broke the horizon and when straight through the middle channel without drama , tracking out a new route though some nice deep water as I went .
    Once I got to my old hunting ground, I was fortune enough to pull a nice little bag of snapper and a few mixed reefies from the plagues of 65cm Sampson fish .
    Glorious day by all accounts , saw a few humpbacks playing up and didn't have any trouble by sharks. The only disappointment of the day was that I had a school of about 6 very sizable dolphinfish come to the back of the boat twice but wasn't good enough to put one in the esky - major bummmmmmer !!
    Regards
    BeastMaster
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunrise small.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	110308   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snapper matsmall.jpg 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	110307   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5smapsmall.jpg 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	110306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amsnsmall.jpg 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	110305  
    Keep Ya Tip UP
    Beast

Re: Offshore Moreton Island

Nice fish well done.

Good effort there, especially with the big one. How deep were you fishing?

Nice catch BeastMaster

We fished a couple of spots on the 90m and 60m lines
    Regards

BeastMaster
    Keep Ya Tip UP
    Beast

I might have to go out a bit deeper. I've been fishing the 35's in 70m of water and finding the fish quite spread out or not feeding. The 33's seem quiet also and they've been coping a hiding by the charter boats.

Nice knobbie beast master... Solid fish

some nice Nobbies there well done. the heads would make for some great fish soup!