Thread: Look at that. It's a Mitsy.

Look at that. It's a Mitsy.

After months and months of looking, I bit the bullet and bought a 2005 Mitsubishi Challenger LS.

Clipboard04.jpg

So far so good, apart from a minor hiccup, but it drives well, comfortable, goes well on the beach at Bribie. It has all the little luxuries, leather seats, sun roof etc. I have put 1 of those awnings on the side rack which will be a godsend on the beach.
    The hiccup was the 4x4 high low stick. It was wobbling around and very vague. When trying to select low 4 you weren't sure if it had gone in, which it hadn't, so set about removing said stick and found the small plastic ball it rotates in had collapsed. Rang Keystar and was told they are not serviceable and you need to buy the complete gear stick ($530) .

To the shed.

Gear bush..jpg
    Hose tap reducer thingy.
    Found a few of these lurking in the bits bin and proceeded to machine it to suit. 2 hours later we are back in business.
    Don't expect it to last to long but I now have the sizes and can get busy making one or try to procure it.
    Apart from that very happy with vehicle.

Late development, found a guy in Deception Bay that sells the bushes, but looks like a trying time to fit them. But, as that big Prime Minister once said " Life wasn't meant to be easy.
    Cheers.
    Bob.

PS. the cb squelch button doesn't. Turn the volume up and the squelch down, nothing, not receiving. Is it possibly the Aerial or could the unit be knackered.

Re: Look at that. It's a Mitsy.

If there is no noise at all the radio has a problem. Even without an antenna, with the squelch all the way down and the volume up you should get the usual "hash". If you get "hash" but nothing else, getting the set checked would be the first step as it could be either the set or the antenna. Easiest way to test is to stick it in someone elses car with a good antenna and try it.