Thread: wide caloundra for a change 25/7/15

wide caloundra for a change 25/7/15

took a mate for a look up wide Caloundra on sat,we left manly and steamed up a flat bay and across the banks near top of moreton and continued on till we got about 3 k short of our first mark we where going to fish. I backed throttles off to 10 knts to throw the pillies in the livie tank to defrost .while I was doing that my mate looked at the sounder and we went across a show so he marked it..i went back and had a drop..we both where floating pillies and as soon as they hit the bottom we where belted by pearlies,within 45 minutes we had 5 pearlies onboard...had to be happy with that..now the bite didn't last long b4 the rat squire come in so we moved on up to the mark we wanted to fish...we pulled a couple of tuskies there and a squire but again the rat squire hammered us again so out to my only other mark I had up there..first drop on the bottom bashers accounted for 3 pearlies,reset the drift for 1 more pearlie and a piggie... we should of gone home from then as everywhere we went from there onwards just had shit fish on them,we fished all the way down moreton to tempest for only a banito...was a great day out with a few laughs..always good to fish somewhere different for a change...
    cheers roscoClick image for larger version. 

Name:	11694122_10153471552893186_1294072627188614068_n.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	110225

Re: wide caloundra for a change 25/7/15

Well done Rosco,
    They are stonker Pearlies compared to my PB smallest 6cm one

Some nice ones there well done

Rosco thats a top haul mate, Sat was a good day out on the water, cant beat pearlies and a day out with mates
    Tangles KFC

Rosco, thats a smoking hot squire champ.

Well done!!

Pearls are everywhere at the moment great haul
    happy days ahead summer is coming

top chew there mate..good stuff!

thanks tony,wish you where onboard to gaff it for me...would be great to see the gaff king in action....could only imagin how it would of turned out

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    thanks tony,wish you where onboard to gaff it for me...would be great to see the gaff king in action....could only imagin how it would of turned out
    Rosco, his gaff is like a bent bit of reo bar just square cut off on the end and not sharpened.......

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Rosco, his gaff is like a bent bit of reo bar just square cut off on the end and not sharpened.......
    That's all it needs to be for releasing fish!!!!!

that doesn't surprise me rob at all.

Thought there had to be a size limit before the gaff came out, & I just don't think that monster would deserve it mate

is it true you use square hooks tony for squire...

is it true you use square hooks tony for squire...
    And triangular for HUSSAR!!!!!!!

But you'd know that judging by your DI report!! LOL

Mate i use safety pins for hooks when fishin for hussar