Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noosa Wide 25/7

Noosa Wide 25/7

Went wide Saturday with a brilliant forecast of a drop out mid morning. Picked up mid morning to 10-15 for a hour or 2 & then settled, & by the time we got back near Noosa, a total glass out.

Juna & I had Norm, Mick & Rob on board, but we found fishing 5 yuk, with some serious untangling going on.

No great bite periods, just reasonably consistent through the day, but going off the chew about 2.30, hence the early crossing of the bar at 5pm.

At least there was some water coming back, as I got really shiny props after the mornings crossing.

A very light bag considering there were 5 fishing, or I should probably say 4, as Rob had no idea about fishing at all, & was pretty much a hindrance through the day!! LOL

A nice day & a few feeds with some weird blokes
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0292.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	110209  

Re: Noosa Wide 25/7

Can't wait to see where this goes
    But this batman tune is ringing in ears nana nana nana nana GAFF MAN

Nice work good to see you found a bit of variety and a couple of Hussar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Went wide Saturday with a brilliant forecast of a drop out mid morning. Picked up mid morning to 10-15 for a hour or 2 & then settled, & by the time we got back near Noosa, a total glass out.

Juna & I had Norm, Mick & Rob on board, but we found fishing 5 yuk, with some serious untangling going on.

No great bite periods, just reasonably consistent through the day, but going off the chew about 2.30, hence the early crossing of the bar at 5pm.

At least there was some water coming back, as I got really shiny props after the mornings crossing.

A very light bag considering there were 5 fishing, or I should probably say 4, as Rob had no idea about fishing at all, & was pretty much a hindrance through the day!! LOL

A nice day & a few feeds with some weird blokes

Thanks for trip Tony / Juna,
    Was a great day out on the water.
    Thanks again Mr Tangles

Nice mixed bag and a couple of good nobbies there, I only ever try and fish me and one other or you spend more time sorting out the boat and baits then fishing. (my tub isn't as big as yours) still looks like a good day on the water!

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Thanks for trip Tony / Juna,
    Was a great day out on the water.
    Thanks again Mr Tangles
    Sorry blokes but I did forget to disclose "Rob" was the legendary Moejoes.

Good to have you on board mate, as I thought you'd never come fishing with the fishing muppets!!

Hookinins little dig was referring to the fact I missed a gaff shot on an 80-85 cm horse of a snapper Rob pulled up.

Rob called for the gaff, as it was a beauty,& Juna said just use the net, but Rob said "real men don't use a net, they gaff" ,so I learnt a valuable lesson, just listen to the missus

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    Nice mixed bag and a couple of good nobbies there, I only ever try and fish me and one other or you spend more time sorting out the boat and baits then fishing. (my tub isn't as big as yours) still looks like a good day on the water!
    Its never an issue for me usually Nick, as I struggle finding deckies (lets not go down THAT pathway again!!)

I sent texts to 2 people, neither replied, so I sent a third, & then they all replied!!

Quote Originally Posted by hookinin View Post
    Can't wait to see where this goes
    But this batman tune is ringing in ears nana nana nana nana GAFF MAN
    Gav, you make out I'm an aggressive person little buddy

Gav, you make out I'm an aggressive person little buddy
    Gav, you would have been very impressed with Robs calm demeanour as he watched the fish of the day disappear into the depths

Now if it was me, you'd want to clear the deck of every sharp object, as I'd be going ballistic

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Gav, you would have been very impressed with Robs calm demeanour as he watched the fish of the day disappear into the depths

Now if it was me, you'd want to clear the deck of every sharp object, as I'd be going ballistic
    When I hooked up, I said Tony this is a big snapper & I'll forfeit all titles of catching it over to you so at least you could claim on Ausfish that you had actually caught one
    I can understand why you'd go ballistic after the stirring Rosco been giving you. Some things are just not meant to happen Tony
    At least you know how to rip the hooks outa a fishes mouth with a gaff LOL.

Still can't complain about that feed people's good effort ...
    happy days ahead summer is coming

When I hooked up, I said Tony this is a big snapper & I'll forfeit all titles of catching it over to you so at least you could claim on Ausfish that you had actually caught one
    I can understand why you'd go ballistic after the stirring Rosco been giving you. Some things are just not meant to happen Tony
    At least you know how to rip the hooks outa a fishes mouth with a gaff LOL.
    Thats true, Rob wanted to catch a beast, make out I'd caught it, just to stick it to Rosco.

You have obviously given this quite a bit of thought

only one question tony,did the missus she out fish you again mate,one day mate the snapper will come and by the sounds of it the bugger will swim away free u twit

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    only one question tony,did the missus she out fish you again mate,one day mate the snapper will come and by the sounds of it the bugger will swim away free u twit
    That's a silly question Rosco, of course she did

Funny things happened this trip.
    A few of PB's which I never thought possible in my wildest dreams.

Smallest pearl perch ever caught - 6cm Gezz I thought they were born bigger than that !!!!!!
    Biggest Grinners ever caught - about 60 to 70 cm's long and almost the thickness of a coke can!!!!!!!
    Flathead caught on a sandbar in 70 meters of water
    Most ever tangles on a boat, spent most of the day untangling & re doing rigs ( no wonder our catch was down )

Thanks again Tony