Thread: Recreational boat third party fire and theft insurance

Recreational boat third party fire and theft insurance

Does this exist in this country? I have a little 4.2 tinny that could do with such a thing.

thanks.

Re: Recreational boat third party fire and theft insurance

Is that the over 50 insurance company? Not there yet a few years to go if it is. thanks for the reply

Welcome back FNQ haven't seen a post from you in a while. Would be good to see you back on the boards, always enjoyed your input.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Thanks Lovey, good to hear from you too, yeah like the boards here, just dont get time these days to follow only my interests, always another week and then that disappears for whatever reason.

Still as keen as ever though, possibly moreso.. It's a problem

cheers

Have been looking around and read a couple PDS's, idea has been put on the back burner a little lately though, how come car 3rd party property seems logical but boat third party doesn't seem to be. Perhaps it is the lack of compulsory third party at registration times for boats that's confusing the overall.

All I need from the PDS is "yep every conceivable cost is covered just like full comprehensive apart from your physical boat/trailer loss from any accident"....i think.....

heck I dont actually know what I really need..it's a small boat and been using them on my own since 8 years old...never a claimable accident/problem ever......might just take my chances if every box doesn't get ticked.

The cost of insuring a small boat is not that high. The Insurance company would see more of a risk in the third party damage possibility than in damage to your vessel. I doubt if it did exist that it would be able to be much cheaper. I would just take a full comprehensive policy.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

I guess your right Dale all said and done, the boat and trailer is covered by my tow vehicles comprehensive when hitched, and in the last 2 years I have only used it twice on the water once a couple weeks after I bought it and the second time when I test ran the new outboard but I do plan to use it a bit more over the next year or so I think.

i might just give up, it's hard to justify throwing money away for such things, best not to live in the fear factor modern society seems to expect from people these days.

Thanks

I used to get mine through RACQ, but that was pushing 10 years ago now. Was only one or two suppliers back then and the other supplier was way dearer. Most asuppliers back then only did fully comp, and you could only get that with a new boat, or by having your older boat inspected.
    Only reason I had it was for fishing comps that insisted on insurance. Given I only ran a 6hp motor or electric only, it was a total waste of money, but I couldn't enter the comps without it. Be good value these days if you could get it with a theft option.

I have just insured my hh through youi insurance.. full comprehensive insurance. Fire..theft..vandalism..accidental damage etc.. premiums were reasonable.
    ...A bad days fishing is always better than a good days working...