Thread: Sharks take sail

Ausfish Platinum Member

Angry Sharks take sail

I've never lost a sail to sharks before, so this was a first. I was gutted. I was close to getting it boatside for release when they turned up--things were a bit complicated by the fact that he was towing a second line which became tangled during the initial hookup so I was managing two rods at once. You can see the smaller sharks circling as the big ones feed, then one rams the F**ing outboard. WARNING--no expletives deleted.

Re: Sharks take sail

Wow, not much fun for the sail.

I lived in Carnarvon for a few years and used to fish the cliffs north of there as often as possible. The sharks were a huge problem at times, some days you just had to give the fishing away as you were only hooking fish to feed the sharks. I was also amazed at the size of a couple of them. I would find myself unconsciously taking a couple of steps back from the edge!

Re: Sharks take sail

Similar event happened when fishing for sails off Dundee beach a few years ago all we got was a head and flanks the rest taken in one foul swoop by a big whaler , no jumping in for a swim ever anywhere for me ..Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......