Thread: Spitfire

Spitfire

We headed out in the arvo to chase a Spanish or two but didn't get a touch. The first bottom fish resulted in three keepers but we noted the quietneess of it all considering the shows on the sounder. This was highlighted as we roamed the ocean over the next 6 hours for just three more fish. The radio chatter was the same with very little being caught. Then at 9:30 we stumbled across a spot at Spitfire reef. There were no shows on the sounder but it was worth a prospect drift. A Nannygai was landed so we anchored up. Then they found us. The sounder lit up like a christmas tree and I really wish we had of taken a screenshot from the Garmin CHIRP sounder. We didn't even get time to take a fish pic. Over the next hour all four rods were hooked up within seconds of touchdown. That's if they made it to the bottom. Erica even caught a 5 kilo Fingermark in amongst the carnage. That's the first time I have ever witnessed a Fingermark caught out on the reef itself. We ended up keeping just over 50 fish to share with the friends and families involved but many more were caught. Mick was furiously throwing back spangled emperor and small mouth nannygai to target the large mouth nannygai. An earlier single pic of the big cod and then laying against the lot in the end photo gives an idea of the quality.
    Certainly a trip to remember.

Re: Spitfire

cod and nanny, my favorites........

My fingers are almost frozen to keyboard.....too windy outside at least for the next week...... no hope of fishing soon
    You are killing me my friend

Max

That's insane, well done

Really nice haul of fish there. Well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Wow nice work very jealous well done.

Awesome fish Mark!

Well done mate!