Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lady musgrave / 1770

Re: Lady musgrave / 1770

Yeah you won't need to ferry supplies in. Just time it so you get there at high tide, drive straight up on the beach at the campsite, and unload there. Then you can either anchor her out and swim in or use a little inflatable, or take her round into the lagoon and do the same thing. It's not too far through the island from the Lagoon to the campground. Bout.... a couple of hundred metres? There are barrows on the island left there for this purpose too. We camped there for two weeks with the dive club once and lugged all our gear this way. It wasn't that big a deal.
    Almako is right about the current, but you can still get through against it. It's just a bit of a fight. I also would not recommend towing a tinny. If the weather goes to crap, it's nothing but trouble. And the "Spirit" WILL bring stuff over for you, but make sure you have extra limbs handy, coz they will charge you all your arms and all your legs and then some.
    Peter

Re: Lady musgrave / 1770

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0wler View Post
    Something like this http://www.harveynorman.com.au/intex...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds would be useful for you but I would suggest cutting a piece of 12mm ply to fit in the bottom to stop it folding in the middle from the weight and wetting you. My old man and I did this once on a trip to hexham island out from stanage where we had to anchor the boat 200 odd meters out because of the 8m tides and it worked a treat. Was still a little unnerving kneeling in that little thing pulling yourself in to the beach via the anchor rope and watching the sharks feeding on the fish frames we had just discarded directly below
    Link should work now
    Cheers
    Shane Podmore
    0407 696 949
    shane@ssinductions.com.au
    http://www.ssinductions.com.au

Life's too short to fish from the bank and you can't take money with you when you die so buy a boat stupid