Thread: 80 lbs Braid has gone all rotten

80 lbs Braid has gone all rotten

Has anyone had newish braid gone rotten. I've had this new jigging Japanese braid and only used it about 3 times and its rotten, some parts are strong and some areas are like cotton. I rig everything up and it breaks. I rig it again and it breaks. Has anyone experienced this before?

80 lbs Braid has gone all rotten

Never heard of that before and the Daiwa accudepth braid on my saltiga seems ok after 7 yrs of use .. Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Re: 80 lbs Braid has gone all rotten

Was some bad stuff at BCF here in cairns a while back - asked specifically for the daiwa jigging braid can't remember what it was called now - but they had none in stock as they had returned it all due to a bad batch. Was probably 12 months ago. So it does happen. Can you take it back?

Re: 80 lbs Braid has gone all rotten

Quote Originally Posted by Moffy View Post
    Was some bad stuff at BCF here in cairns a while back - asked specifically for the daiwa jigging braid can't remember what it was called now - but they had none in stock as they had returned it all due to a bad batch. Was probably 12 months ago. So it does happen. Can you take it back?
    I brought this expansive multi coloured braid from tackle world in town. I didn't keep the receipt unfortunately. Definitely a bad batch. I'm getting Sunline 80lbs next, I have 30lbs on my spin outfit, I'm pretty happy with Sunline. Definitely keeping braid receipts for now on.