Thread: hervey Bay Gutters info

hervey Bay Gutters info

Hi all
    Was wondering if anyone can tell me how far away from the urangan boat ramp are the Gutters? Have been seeing and hearing about quality fish being caught there and was hoping to get up there in good weather.
    Much appreciated
    Michael

Re: hervey Bay Gutters info

Around 60ks to the southern gutters from urangan micksta last time I checked.

thanks for that

I am also curious about these areas, I believe there are Southern/Northern and African gutters..

Are they all within relatively close proximity to each other?

Are they closer from Urangan, Burrum heads or Bundy or little difference?

Depths, type of bottom etc?

Any info would be much appreciated, heading up there in October and was thinking about a run out there with my old man if conditions transpire..

Hard to get much useful info on these areas from the internet thus far..

Got a few starter marks for southern gutters area but cant find any for Northern or African?

Would really appreciate any hints and tips for the area if anyone is willing to share their knowledge..

Quote Originally Posted by Watto79 View Post
    I am also curious about these areas, I believe there are Southern/Northern and African gutters..

Are they all within relatively close proximity to each other?

Are they closer from Urangan, Burrum heads or Bundy or little difference?

Depths, type of bottom etc?

Any info would be much appreciated, heading up there in October and was thinking about a run out there with my old man if conditions transpire..

Hard to get much useful info on these areas from the internet thus far..

Got a few starter marks for southern gutters area but cant find any for Northern or African?

Would really appreciate any hints and tips for the area if anyone is willing to share their knowledge..

I haven't been there before I am sure you will find the marks on the net I have seen them before have a look at fishntales I think that's where I saw them

You need a boat that can overnight and carry lotsa fuel. Gutters generally refers to the North tip of Fraser Island and the bars. Leave from Urangan, overnight in safe spots near the lighthouse or Wathumba Bay.

You pass so many other good spots along the way, that I never bothered fishing the gutters in a 4.1m. Fishermans Corner at Pialba will have the best info on the gutters, hit em up on facebook.
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.

Thanks, I will try and take a look around the net a bit more for marks..

Boats no problem, got pretty good range and hoping they might be a little closer straight out from Burrum where we will be staying..

From the marks I have now, the Southern gutters aren't up around the breaksea area they are more like halfway between the end of Fraser and Bundy?

I am going to take a punt that Northern gutters are a little further north of those and the African gutters maybe north of that again but that's just a guess!

More interested if it is ledgey country or shoals, what depths etc so I know what to look for on the sounder and that I am in the right areas!

Quote Originally Posted by Watto79 View Post
    Thanks, I will try and take a look around the net a bit more for marks..

Boats no problem, got pretty good range and hoping they might be a little closer straight out from Burrum where we will be staying..

From the marks I have now, the Southern gutters aren't up around the breaksea area they are more like halfway between the end of Fraser and Bundy?

I am going to take a punt that Northern gutters are a little further north of those and the African gutters maybe north of that again but that's just a guess!

More interested if it is ledgey country or shoals, what depths etc so I know what to look for on the sounder and that I am in the right areas!

Have a look in the saltwater section scroll down to March there is a post there called cyclone Nathan spoils our trip all the marks you want and some are there.

HI MIKSTA,

I'm also really interested in the gutters having moved to Hervey bay last year the search for decent reefies has been tough around the closer hot spots in the bay.
    I have been up around wathumba before with some net marks and found that they where well lets say less then accurate and had no success further then arch cliff. I have a 460 renegade with 60hp and a 76l tank on it so plus jerry's id get there no worry's with distance but how does it go out there in a boat that small ? and pluss its allot of fuel with internet marks which often don't hold up . does anyone have any starters that are legit ? also if any wants a decky or another boat to go with let me know as I would feel more comfortable going with another boat for safety .