Thread: Looking for an Experienced Swains Reef Skipper

Looking for an Experienced Swains Reef Skipper

As the title says.

I am looking for a potential skipper for a Swains trip

My father inlaw has a 56 motor cruiser that he has been venturing up and down the Queensland Coast since the Boat was built in 2005. The boat is moored on the Gold Coast.

There has been annual trips to Musgrave, Fitzroy reef and to the Whitsundays from the Gold Coast and now my Father Inlaw wishes to head out to the Swains reef anytime from the end of this month.

I am looking or an experienced skipper who could assist with a 7-14 day trip out to the Swains leaving from Urangan Hervey Bay. The skipper should have excellent knowledge of the Swains reef system like Safe anchorages etc along with general local fishing experience

I am putting it out there to see who may be available and what sort of money it would cost us.

Here roughly what the boat looks like

You can message me your details so we can shoot the shit if you are or know some who might be interested.

Re: Looking for an Experienced Swains Reef Skipper

Looking for any crew?

Has your wife got any sisters?

Give my very good friend a call,he skippers and deckhands for some very large and wealthy boats.
    He has chartered for the stars like Mick Jagger etc.
    He cooks,skippers and deck hand.Aside of this the guy is a really nice and genuine guy.
    His name is Raffy,Tell him Marlin Mick or bottom basher Mick gave you the number.
    PH;0418251397.
    Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by outwide1 View Post
    Give my very good friend a call,he skippers and deckhands for some very large and wealthy boats.
    He has chartered for the stars like Mick Jagger etc.
    He cooks,skippers and deck hand.Aside of this the guy is a really nice and genuine guy.
    His name is Raffy,Tell him Marlin Mick or bottom basher Mick gave you the number.
    PH;0418251397.
    Mick.
    Hey Mick,

Does Raffy live on the Gold Coast and in the past worked for Doug Burt Tackle??

Quote Originally Posted by XLR84x4 View Post
    Hey Mick,

Does Raffy live on the Gold Coast and in the past worked for Doug Burt Tackle??
    Thats him mate.

Quote Originally Posted by outwide1 View Post
    Thats him mate.
    Thanks Mate

If you get stuck put an ad on Queensland Fishing Brokerages website. There is a part of the website called Scrooges Corner that you can advertise on for a small donation. You might get an old trawler man or something after a few bucks who will show you a good time..... good luck!!

The charter companies in Gladstone might be able to point you in the right direction.I am pretty sure they would know skippers and crews that are looking for work

If your still looking PM me I still have the number for Adam who used to skipper the Iron Joy to the Swain