Thread: 2012 triton

2012 triton

thinking off upgrading and im looking at a 2012 triton duel cab auto, so i,m asking what are things i should look at/for .
    its got 70,000 klms .
    it will be pulling a camper trailer when time allows and a duel axle 8x5 bow trailer during the week [work wise ]
    any other things good or bad as well
    thanks
    ian

Re: 2012 triton

Mate I have a 2014 triton and it has never missed a beat but just make sure it has had all services mine tows a 2 ton boating weekends and during the week I drive it like its stolen
    by the way done 75000 km
    happy days ahead summer is coming

I've had a 2013 and 2014 model (manuals) and they are very good vehicles. Just make sure the price is in line....ive seen quite a few 12 and 13s for sale with 40k + kms and are only a few $k below a new one. Especially considering I think it was 13 they dropped the price on them new? They tow great and are a pleasure to drive for their price point, are above all, are a very reliable veh. I have driven one all over the top end whilst towing and not a single issue. If its a good price, its a good Ute to grab. Not sure of it affects the 12, but there was a recall last year for an ecu update and new radiator cap, something to check out anyway. Good luck
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

thanks guys ,,,
    what would a cost figure be on something like this

Considering the price of the run out model new is $27k drive away you would expect mid teens as an appropriate figure they have been selling them at Great Wall prices to bring in the new model.
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

$27k is the base-base-base model it all depends on what model as i brought mine GLXR with all the trimmings for $47,000and added a $3000 fiberglass canopy for work
    GLXR -$22-27,000
    GLR--$19-24,000
    GL---$15-20,000 it also depends on the condition of the car and service history. if its been a commercial work car probable lower end if its been grandads and kept in in the shed and looked after it higher end of the scale
    happy days ahead summer is coming

GLX+ model twincab manual TD non premium paint can be bought for 27K.........Their advertised price is 29,990 drive away 2015 model check their website.
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

U can still get the run out model, brand new, manual, alloy wheels, sode steps for $28300.

I was going to buy one but have decided to wait a few months and hopefully they do some deals on the newest shape

I paid $32680 for my GLX 4x4 TD auto with genuine sports fg canopy last august.

I have two of them in dual cab now one manual and one auto apart from a third pedal I can not say I prefer auto over manual in the Tritons, they both drive well.

Recall on the 2012 and 2013 models for lower right wishbone replacement, had the manual version done with a std service. Took 2.5 hours for both the wishbone and the service, cant complain about that.
    Jack.