Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: airmar tm260 transducer help

Re: airmar tm260 transducer help

ahh yeah i see i can move the pump over no dramas my only issue with the strake is there is one on the left hand side of the transducer aswell it runs from the front to roughly halfway down the hull if you look closely in the pics you will see what i mean would you rather it be closer to that one then closer to the strake that runs right to the back of the transom ???

Try it again before you turn your transom into swiss cheese moving stuff around.

I have the same tranny on my boat but my strakes are about 12cm apart I ended up having to drop it pretty low to get a half decent reading at speed.

Its not perfect but I mainly use the other sounder when travelling at any kind of speed because I can drop the tranny a good 20-30cm under the boat on a custom sliding bracket.

Nick H, I think I see your problem. Your number plate is on upside down too.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    The transducer is mounted centrally between the two strakes - there is no other place to put it. This is just one of the joys of these large transom mounts - there is only so much real estate on the transom of a trailer boat and due to the physical dimensions of these things, mounting below the first half strake is physically impossible a lot of the time.
    There were other options if the right choice was made prior to buying.
    For eg Thru Hull,or Thru hull mounted on a fixed transom bracket etc etc

got it out for another test run and it was picking up bottom till just under 20 knts so seems to be playing the game alot better also is there anything that can help with knowing all the settings etc to change to get the best performance out of it ??

Quote Originally Posted by fishon44 View Post
    got it out for another test run and it was picking up bottom till just under 20 knts so seems to be playing the game alot better also is there anything that can help with knowing all the settings etc to change to get the best performance out of it ??
    Play with your 587 as much as you can, it is now your best friend. Go into transducer settings first to make sure your 587 knows what trany it is reading. You will find all the info you need on the electronics pages of Ausfish. I use mine on manual mode all day.

Its just trial and error until you find best mounting spot. Bottom of every boat diffrent even same make and model cause we all hang diffrent hardware off back motors, bilge pick ups etc. For setting up of unit i just googled" furuno 587 set up" and tried a few. Teamcruisecrafts one was pretty good. Dogtooth has your unit got a specific tm260 setting in your tranny selections?? Mine only has a 1kw generic available to select. Bought unit out of the us and been told an up grade of unit?? May provide unit with specific 1kw selections in menu. Im able to read at any speed in all but worst conditions (25kn) but pic quality seems no better than when i have standard 600w tranny selected in menu. Looking to clear up pic just feel should be little better quality than it is. Ill have a chat to furuno boys if i can make to brissy boat show next month. Any ideas before then greatlty appreciated

I have just taken mine off and put the 600W back on. The amount of spray I was getting off it was ridiculous as they just throw off too much of a wake behind them. Funny thing is but the engine was not getting that wet due to the rear deck off the back of the boat. It is the amount of airbourne spray that is the problem I was getting salt residue on the engine which looked like condensation at first but was later diagnosed as this issue. All I can say is just lift the cowl on the motor every now and then to check it after a day out. If you find salt residue in there make sure to clean it off as engine manufactures knock back warranty if they fine the engine has had salt water under the cowl. The first thing they will look at is the Transducer on the boat. I am currently looking into a through hull at the moment.
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....