Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling 2006 Patrol TD42ti

Re: Selling 2006 Patrol TD42ti

Hi all

I have been following this thread with some interest as I have a 2006 4.2 Patrol with 80,000km on it. It is also a dual cab now rather than wagon. Definitely interested in selling it, but interested in what they are worth.

As an aside, while they are an agricultural motor, there are one or two computer bits on them that are prone to failure and when they do, they stop you dead in your tracked. Mine has been out of action this week with an immobilizer issues that is apparently relatively common. If it happened again in the middle of nowhere, I would be stuff.

Cheers

Mark

Before I advertised mine I spoke to plenty of people about what they sold theirs for and also what they were advertised for. Mid 40's is the norm. As I said earlier a mate got 48. I think it all depends if a buyer comes along that wants a gu.

I think the reason why they hold there value is because of the 4.2 is the "Tractor" like engine. I have a 2000 model with a heap of work on it such as variable pitch high flow turbo, lpg gas, boost up to 12psi, 3 inch dump pipe and straight through pipe, lockers etc etc. Yes I have spent a heap on it and I have been looking to trade it on a new 4wd. The problem is what do I get. I could get the 3lt patrol but they don't tow my 3.5t boat so looking at the Colorado but I doubt it would tow it like the Patrol does especially up the driveway which the Patrol you put in low range with hubs unlocked and it just crawls up unstoppable. The low down grunt from 1300 revs is amazing. Could go a new Cruiser but looking at mid $80k. Ouch. That buys a lot of fuel and are they as reliable out bush as the "old tractor motor". I recon mine would be a quick as a new cruiser as well. Maybe not as fuel efficient but hey it doesn't get used that much. They also have live axels so better off road and easier to lift. I think this is why they hold their value. Nothing else comes close.

Yep I sure do miss the old girl. Sold for $43 800 a couple of months back.