Thread: Flying Spanish Mackerel

Cool Flying Spanish Mackerel

<a data-cke-saved-href="http://on1breath.blogspot.pt/search/label/ausfish" href="http://on1breath.blogspot.pt/search/label/ausfish">

Spanish are known for there amazing airobatics, love it.

To see more videos like this click here

Re: Flying Spanish Mackerel

Jeeeeeeeeezus!!!!! Talk about airtime. Awesome

seen the same thing in gladstone harbour years ago, thought i was seeing things
    good capture
    The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

the spanno.s I have seen go vertical straight up and come back down same whole with teeth chopping . very impressive and lucky to get on film

Seen a couple of spanish do this just off the rocks (approx 300m or so) while land based spinning for them in Northern NSW. It was enough to stop the whole ledge of around 15 blokes in there tracks for a few seconds before the rate of cast and retrieve increased Amazing sight.

Flying Spanish Macks used to happen by the hundreds were I grew up. It was always May/June, think it was breeding season but not sure on this point. Magnificent sight, but all small fish <4kg.

Schools would erupt everywhere in the dirty brown water, close to the river mouths, flying so high that sometimes they would end up in the flybridge on the way back down to the water! When they were breeding(?) like this they were a little hard to catch, but you could still catch a few.

In the old days you know how the men used to tie up their shirts at the bottom but leave them in buttoned, like in the real old movies? (Yeah, bit girlish I know ), Well one day a guy up the bow had one of these small Mackeral fly towards him and before he could react it had landed in the side of the open shirt and ended against his back, flapping like crazy. So lucky the razor teeth didn't get him.

Ahhhh the good old days....

Cheers
    Brendon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw some of the Goldie as well