Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice needed on doors for boat shed.

Re: Advice needed on doors for boat shed.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    You could fit the roller door externally higher and flash over it to maintain a weather seal.....will give you height to the apex if you wanted......

http://www.nustyleshutters.com.au/ro...s-gallery.html

Down towards the bottom shows a shed with external roller door
    That's interesting. The size of the roll for a similar height opening looks a lot less bulky. Still takes up some of the valuable height I am after though. Contacted the shed builder via text yesterday and he wasn't enthusiastic. Next time I am near his shop I will drop in and have a chat and see if he has any thoughts

So I finally got the missus permission to alter the door. Seems her new caravan didn't fit otherwise 😁
    Went with barn door style and looks awesome. Finishing touches being done today and it will be all done. Here is a progress pic. Anyone want to buy a used 5m wide by 3m high roller door?mms_20161019_094313.jpg

Night shot without roller
    DSC_0827.jpg

Won't have to drop the bimini to the boat in and out anymore!!!

Post deleted. Double up

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    . Anyone want to buy a used 5m wide by 3m high roller door?
    Good Luck. I couldn't even give mine away.......so I put an extension on the back of the shed and used it there. Looks good. Bet the doors are heavy at that size. Make sure you have a good restraining system for when they are opened - lot of windage.