Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Advice needed on doors for boat shed.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    You could fit the roller door externally higher and flash over it to maintain a weather seal.....will give you height to the apex if you wanted......

http://www.nustyleshutters.com.au/ro...s-gallery.html

Down towards the bottom shows a shed with external roller door
    That's interesting. The size of the roll for a similar height opening looks a lot less bulky. Still takes up some of the valuable height I am after though. Contacted the shed builder via text yesterday and he wasn't enthusiastic. Next time I am near his shop I will drop in and have a chat and see if he has any thoughts

So I finally got the missus permission to alter the door. Seems her new caravan didn't fit otherwise 😁
    Went with barn door style and looks awesome. Finishing touches being done today and it will be all done. Here is a progress pic. Anyone want to buy a used 5m wide by 3m high roller door?mms_20161019_094313.jpg

Night shot without roller
    DSC_0827.jpg

Won't have to drop the bimini to the boat in and out anymore!!!

Post deleted. Double up

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    . Anyone want to buy a used 5m wide by 3m high roller door?
    Good Luck. I couldn't even give mine away.......so I put an extension on the back of the shed and used it there. Looks good. Bet the doors are heavy at that size. Make sure you have a good restraining system for when they are opened - lot of windage.
    "I soak the worms in rum. The fish love em and the worms die happy"
    "Alcohol is not the solution to your problems...................but then again, neither is milk"